GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

FS: 18" OEM Huffs in Brand New Condition - East Bay, CA

I have a set of these that were on the owner's car for 2 weeks while they waited for other wheels to arrive. They are in perfectly brand new condition in the boxes. I bought them thinking I would use them but instead realized that 17's are more practical for me. 1stVWParts has these listed...
  2. F

225/45 <-> 245/40 for stock 17x7.5s?

Tires will be coming up for purchase at some point in the near future, but I'm wondering if I should try to stick some more rubber on them while I'm at it. I'm at stock ride height now and will be only slightly lowering with DriverGear springs shortly. Is the added cost of more rubber worth it...
  3. F

Anyone with OZ Chrono HT's?

I'm looking at a set right now, but I'm not sure how they'd look once put onto a MKV. So, looking for anyone who has run them or who has experience with them.
  4. F

Anyone re-lubed their APR RSB yet? Having problems with the zerk fitting.

Since the APR MKV RSB comes with zerk fittings, I wanted to take the opportunity to re-lube it since it's been squeaking for a while now. I even took the time and effort to buy the Polyurethane-specific silicon grease tube online for use in a standard zerk gun. The cartridge arrived and I picked...
  5. F

Anyone bought/used Rotorpros brake rotors?

Here's a link to their Ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-GOLF-GTi-MKV-2-0-TURBO-06-08-Rotors-NO-Pads_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a4e61892aQQitemZ250423118122QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I've heard of them on other forums and are supposedly decent, but was...
  6. F

Remember To Protect Your Wheel Barrels

And they can come out like this for every biannual detail.
  7. F

Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MFSW) Control Module for Retrofit/Swap

Up for sale is a multi-function steering wheel control module 1K0-953-549-AL for doing an MFSW retrofit into your car. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just needed a different one than this, so this one's up for grabs. Wrapped and boxed just as it comes from the dealer. These are...
  8. F

Sometimes I do things like this. When I have time.

Before (Nicely "detailed" prior to me getting it, i.e. hologram central): After:
  9. F

WTB: GTI/GLI Shift Knob Boot Clip

I just bought a GTI knob for my Jetta and apparently the clip on the underside of the boot that holds the boot to the knob is different. I need the clip from a GTI/GLI shift knob.
  10. F

Checkered/CF Pattern (possible DIY if enough interest)

Not quite CF pattern, but not quite checkered. Could be tweaked with different material. If anyone is interested, I can post up how you can DIY.
  11. F

Color-matched my TSI engine cover

If I had to do it over again, I might have used high-build primer and sanded smooth before applying color, but no matter at this point. There's always next Saturday.
  12. F

For those who like color-matched things...

Been doing a lot of painting projects lately and decided to pick up some color-matched aerosol paint from a local place to see how well I could do the GTI grill stripe and emblem. I think it came out quite well. Pics on car to follow later in the week to show the pretty awesome finish (yes...
  13. F

AVIC F700BT for $377.77 w/ free shipping @ Amazon

Just thought I'd post this up in here in case anyone was on the lookout for one on the cheap. This fits the bill. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ANZCMW/
  14. F

If you knew then, what you know now about your .:R...

...would you buy it again? If so, what has reinforced your belief that the .:R is much more worth it as compared to a modded GTI? If not, what would you, or will you, go with instead as a comparable car?
  15. F

FAQ: Automotive Leather Care

Leather cleaning and conditioning is a much debated subject amongst detailers across the globe. This thread is created to serve the following purposes: 1) Describe what types of leather can typically be found in automotive interiors 2) Provide information from various sources documenting each...
  16. F

Detailing GTG - Everyone Welcome From Novice to Expert

I've taken a few months off from detailing but now that it's started to get warmer, I'm considering a GTG for anyone interested in detailing at all (from those who are just wondering WTF this is to those who are tenured pro's and want to share or show off). This would be a combo of an info...