GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Pat the Rat

1. P

Cruise control is out to lunch

My cruise control does not seem to be working at all lately. I flip the switch on and press the button on the end but nothing happens, no light on the cluster, no engagement. Every once in a while it will work, but 90% of the time it doesn't. Anybody know where to look? Not worth it to me to...
  2. P

sheild gone

I lost my plastic undershield the other day due to ice buildup on my driveway. I think i may not have installed it correctly after my last oil change and perhaps it was hanging down when I backed over the snow/ice. had to remove what was left of it. well, i guess oil changes will be easier now...
  3. P

headlight out, but what are the inboard lights?

I got a bulb out signal on my gauge and sure enough, my right headlight seems to be out. When I went to figure out which bulb it was, I noticed that the inboard set of lights never come on. Which lights are they? I can't imagine they are burned out too. One is on the left side, but neither of...
  4. P

Rear window voodoo?

Occasionally, my rear window wiper and washer will fail to work. It might be out for a day or a week. Then suddenly it starts working again. I have no idea why id does this. Front wipers and washer work fine. Tried jiggling the lever and such, but no go. It will probably start working when I...
  5. P

throttle lag or DSG?

Sometimes when driving I don't seem to get much response from the throttle unless I really put the pedal down. It feels like the car is in too high of a gear or something and it just doesn't respond, or maybe it's some kind of throttle lag. I have an 08 with the DSG and 24k miles on it. This has...
  6. P

Rough start from a dead stop

I've got a 2008 GTI with the DSG. Just got it used with 21k miles on the dial. I've noticed that sometimes, especially after being stopped at a light, I put on the gas, but it kind of hesitates and jerks into gear. I can't tell if it's an ignition hesitation or that the tranny isn't engaging...
  7. P

wheels/snow tires for 08 GTI?

I'll be getting an 08 GTI later this week and I was wondering what the recommendations were for wheels/snow tires. The stock AS tires were terrible in the snow if it was more than an inch when I test drove it in the snow. I bought a set of steel rims (ugly) and 4 Blizzaks for my Mazda Miata...
  8. P

2008 GTI with 20k miles for $20,995?

A local dealer is bringing in a GTI from their sister dealership about an hour or so away for me to look at later. Here is the car: http://www.sutliffchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/610223263 Was wondering what you guys thought? It has the leather, DSG, and relatively low mileage I'm looking for...
  9. P

$15,976 for a '06 GTI?

What do you guys think? http://www.statecollegemotors.com/VehicleId-125749/used-cars.aspx I drove this car and it runs great. Only has 21k miles on it. Carfax looks clean (they have a link on the site). Was wondering how much they would dicker on the price. May stop in later to see what kind of...