GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear window voodoo?

Pat the Rat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Occasionally, my rear window wiper and washer will fail to work. It might be out for a day or a week. Then suddenly it starts working again. I have no idea why id does this. Front wipers and washer work fine. Tried jiggling the lever and such, but no go. It will probably start working when I make an appt to take it to the shop, too.

hobbes

Ready to race!
That sounds like the wiper motor is about to go. I had that exact problem, but on my old '98 Ford Explorer. It would work sometimes, sometimes not. After a while it just gave up. If you search for the rear wiper delete, it should be easy to figure out and fix.

innovate

Go Kart Champion
At least you know how to turn on your rear wiper haha
i have an 07 gti still can't figure it out. manual says switch it to position 6 or 7 but mine won't turn on.
it turns on when my front one is on then i put my car in reverse but i don't know how to turn it on other than that. help haha.

Pat the Rat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
As I suspected, this morning it was working again. Go figure. It was dead for 2 days prior to today. Seems like if it doesn't work when I start the car, it won't work while I'm driving it. Maybe something is shaking it loose when opening and closing the hatch, I don't know. Since I have a bumper to bumper I may take it in, but it'll be hard to find the cause if it keeps working.

nukta90

Ready to race!
At least you know how to turn on your rear wiper haha
i have an 07 gti still can't figure it out. manual says switch it to position 6 or 7 but mine won't turn on.
it turns on when my front one is on then i put my car in reverse but i don't know how to turn it on other than that. help haha.

haha

push the wiper control stick away from you, and it will turn on