GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown something....?

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
Oh. I was way off.

How do they pass emissions inspections, or are they illegal where emissions inspections are done?

if you have emissions inspections in your city/state, it is illigal. you could just throw you stocker back on once a year though.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
if you have emissions inspections in your city/state, it is illigal. you could just throw you stocker back on once a year though.

Another question: How does it affect the o2 sensor readings, and how do the varying readings affect the ECU's fuel mixture calculation?

I hope I'm not threadjacking here but it's interesting stuff...

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Another question: How does it affect the o2 sensor readings, and how do the varying readings affect the ECU's fuel mixture calculation?

I hope I'm not threadjacking here but it's interesting stuff...

Fuel mixture readings are taken pre catalyst. There is no affect on AFR by not running a cat.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

Yeah, the thing I'm curious about is when you do that, is APR stock mode fine, or is it "Stg 2 specific stock mode." Not that it matters for now, as my town doesn't have emissions yet. Obviously running the stock DP in 93 or 91 octane mode wouldn't be good.

spongebobnopants

Ready to race!
Pics below...

Not good quality as it was taken on my camera phone. . .

In person you can barly see wear on it and only if you get real close.
The metal cap that goes on the fuel pump has minor wear and looks good.

FYI, for those that have taken off their FP off. Get some good pictures and don't assume all the lobes are good from the looks of the one showing through the hole.
This is from the first time I pulled the pump. Minor wear:

This is from the second time, Looks like a different lobe parked as this one looks better.

Also, close ups of the Cam follower are very important, them will help show you what's happening. Look for wear on the outside edges close. Scuff marks there are a good indicator an more important that scuffs in the middle.

Anyhow, replace your cam follower when installing the new pump.

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Anyhow, replace your cam follower when installing the new pump.

Troy do you happen to have the PN for the follower? I have a pretty good wholesale account with VW and if the price is right I can package these.

spongebobnopants

Ready to race!
Troy do you happen to have the PN for the follower? I have a pretty good wholesale account with VW and if the price is right I can package these.

Hi Phil,
last I checked these were the latest part numbers.
Follower: 06D 109 309C
Black O-Ring on pump: 06E 127 248
Low pressure sensor O-Ring: 06E 906 149B

I never used the last LP sensor one as I never took my pump apart that far. However after pulling the pump twice the larger black O-ring seemed to have lost some uninformity.

This would be great to offer with as a side item for anyone getting a pump. The stealership markup on the little things blows my mind.

BTW... the bolts that hold the pump in are: N 106 247 01 (3 pieces)

Better to have spare parts than to be in the middle of an install and be down over a part that the dealers don't stock.