GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - Custom R32-Style Taillights

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Looks good. Wow, a crap load more people are doing this than expected. :cool: Interesting...

Still to this day what I don't understand is why do people waste their time taping the whole car when you can just take the lights out..:iono:

b3rollind3ville

Ready to race!
wow what have we began jax everyones doing it lol

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
If you remove the taillights you're still going to have to tape it anyway. It's a waste of time no matter how easy it is to remove the taillights, when you can just tape around the taillight. To each his own

wow what have we began jax everyones doing it lol

:iono::biggrin:

VDUB UK

Passed Driver's Ed
When i started reading i was thinking what the fuck is he about to do to his GTI?!! But the finished job looks awesome, nice job! looks great!

Where did you get those fast caps for your wheels lol they are class. :thumbsup:

turboGTI22

After having done the Custom R32 lights for a few days. the lights still look great but i accidently got some of the clear coat on the paint of my car. It is very light and not noticeable but when you touch the paint. you can tell. Is there a way i can remove this clear coat that i accidently go on my paint?

thanks
Robert

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
When i started reading i was thinking what the fuck is he about to do to his GTI?!! But the finished job looks awesome, nice job! looks great!

Where did you get those fast caps for your wheels lol they are class. :thumbsup:

LOL, thanks. I guess you're referring to Andres' fast caps... I dragged him along into the project. He got his fast caps from ECS or Parts4VWs I believe

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
If you remove the taillights you're still going to have to tape it anyway. It's a waste of time no matter how easy it is to remove the taillights, when you can just tape around the taillight. To each his own

:iono::biggrin:

It's work to take out the lights. But the Work compared to the risk of getting the spray tint on your car or clear coat is well worth it.
I will be doing this soon.. if i could find some spray tint in stores

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
^that's why you make sure there's a 0% risk of getting the spray on your car :thumbsup:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
damn this shits still going. lol

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
After having done the Custom R32 lights for a few days. the lights still look great but i accidently got some of the clear coat on the paint of my car. It is very light and not noticeable but when you touch the paint. you can tell. Is there a way i can remove this clear coat that i accidently go on my paint?

thanks
Robert

Clay bar it off