GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Trial

initialGTI

Ready to race!
If you look on Vortex...there is a guy that has had both APR and REVO...looking at his logs...Revo runs dangerous egts and pulls alot of timing...APR ran safer egt levels and almost no timing...I'm running APR and just got my vagcom but will be running longs soon...Sometimes APR runs a special to buy one program and get one free.

I cant agree more, the egts are high, but one thing still makes me confuse. If APR makes two programs, it will certainly take space on the prom. From what I have been reading, the eprom on the ecu is about 1MB in size. If you split two programs onto the 1MB prom, then 500kb is destined for each program leaving most of the parameters out.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
I cant agree more, the egts are high, but one thing still makes me confuse. If APR makes two programs, it will certainly take space on the prom. From what I have been reading, the eprom on the ecu is about 1MB in size. If you split two programs onto the 1MB prom, then 500kb is destined for each program leaving most of the parameters out.

good point....idk what 2 get...Revo or APR *bites nails*

initialGTI

Ready to race!
good point....idk what 2 get...Revo or APR *bites nails*

I would keep my eyes open for other chips, but for now REVO is off my list. I just need more data info before purchasing any chips. One thing to look for is chips that don't run aggressive, gives high egts. Most likely going with brands like MTM or O.CT since they make their chips on the MAHA dyno, plus they are TUV rated!

MTM from what i heard has a flashloader, but I have yet to see one. O.CT defintely has a flashloader program which is very cool and different from other tuners which uses laptop to flashload a car.

prodigymb

lag > peeshooters
True everyone is entiteled to their opinion, we never had anyone not buy the tiral since i've been doing it.....so noone got robbed according to you guys :) .

Erik F

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't understand what you mean by apr leaving out parameters because of mulitple programs...all the chip tuners that offer switching are loading multiple programs on to your eprom...apr just uses the cruise stalk to change things instead of a black box...the black box for revo and giac do not have software on them...at least tuning software...any optional software is loaded into your cars ecu and the black box just switches between the two...it does not load on the stock program when you go back to stock and then reload the tuned file when you want to switch it back...they are both there all the time...just like apr

initialGTI

Ready to race!
I don't understand what you mean by apr leaving out parameters because of mulitple programs...all the chip tuners that offer switching are loading multiple programs on to your eprom...apr just uses the cruise stalk to change things instead of a black box...the black box for revo and giac do not have software on them...at least tuning software...any optional software is loaded into your cars ecu and the black box just switches between the two...it does not load on the stock program when you go back to stock and then reload the tuned file when you want to switch it back...they are both there all the time...just like apr

GIAC has a separate flashloader which transmit the file to the ecu rather than placing both files onto the ecu. Say for example the ecu has a hard disk space of 1MB. A full 1MB real Stock file is the entire program. What I think APR is doing is splitting 500kb for performance and 500kb for stock. GIAC and Revo just uploads the full 1MB file onto the ecu.

Do

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
apr is better thus the price difference would never touch revo... friend has a b7 a4 with revo so many problems thats what happens with lack of development.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
well...i wasn't sure if my trial ran out, but clearly it did, cuz i didn't lose traction in 1st and second like it was b4...i need real thing...sounds like APR is good and reliable.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
if theres 1mb of space for programs, and each program by apr is 500kb, then how can it work out to have more than 2 programs, say stock, 93oct, and 100oct???
someones got some stuff wrong...

initialGTI

Ready to race!
simple by adding how many programs into a 1MB space and then altering values for the small program to the specific octane.

prodigymb

lag > peeshooters
if theres 1mb of space for programs, and each program by apr is 500kb, then how can it work out to have more than 2 programs, say stock, 93oct, and 100oct???
someones got some stuff wrong...

cant answer your question eeprom size but with apr programs when you swithc modes it only changes certain tables in timing and fuel maps and everything else stays the same :)

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
they figure the time it took 2 develop the program.

X2 seriously...$500 is not expensive at all. And for what you get for that $500 it is worth every penny.

If you can afford to to get a 25K car then 500 shouldn't be a deal breaker!!!

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
X2 seriously...$500 is not expensive at all. And for what you get for that $500 it is worth every penny.

If you can afford to to get a 25K car then 500 shouldn't be a deal breaker!!!

yea i think $500 for 40-45hp, and 70-80tq is gr8. considering an intake thats $250 gets u 3-5hp. which would u rather have.