GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR tuned GTI needs new sparks

PROGLIDE

Banned
I want to say that I DO believe now that the stock heat range is 7 for NGK and will not try 8 in the summer time for my k04 setup.

However, I do want to say that something funky is going on as I looked up a few times for a few different cars like 06 2.0t passat and the site still shows a heat range 6 for some of these car. Though I truely belive it is a 7 since most of the info from 07+ on the website shows it all as a heat range 7.

I want to say that I DO believe now that the stock heat range is 7 for NGK and will not try 8 in the summer time for my k04 setup.

Attachments

• spark01.jpg
    spark01.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 4,541

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
I know it's an old thread but I just bought the NGK plugs that are a heat range colder, after reading this thread I now wonder if this was a mistake that will make my car run worse.

I understand the chance to foul them up if they are not hot enough but I read that one post said for stage II go with the heat range colder. Of course that was before I found this thread.

Should I skip the one heat range colder plugs and go with the stock, or will there be no harm?

I do live in South Dakota if that matters.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
If two guys who work for two of the most popular tune companies say they're fine with stock plugs, then they're good enough for me. :wink:

Tifon

Car(s)
GTI MKV
So after all this thread, the BKR7EIX is in the stock heat range and a good (best) option?

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
on stock plugs, what gap size should be used on a stage 2+ car??

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
.032 iirc

so you recommend not to re-gap them?? I heard somewhere that a tuned car on stock plugs should be re-gapped at .028. Can anyone confirm this, perhaps APR or REVO ?

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
So after all this thread, the BKR7EIX is in the stock heat range and a good (best) option?
That is the one step colder, those are what I have. My car is running fine with no issues for 15,000km now

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
That is the one step colder, those are what I have. My car is running fine with no issues for 15,000km now

Any issues with cold weather start ups?

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth (2 cents).

I was having misfires on my APR stg1 with stock plugs that had been in since delivery (around 55k miles when I pulled them). They looked pretty bad, coated in a light grey/white powdery crap.

I replaced the old plugs with new NGK one step colder iridium ones from DBC. Car idles better and I have not had any misfires since the replacement. Could be because the old ones were shot, the new ones were one step colder, or a combination. Either way I am happy with my purchase and I have had zero issues so far.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth (2 cents).

I was having misfires on my APR stg1 with stock plugs that had been in since delivery (around 55k miles when I pulled them). They looked pretty bad, coated in a light grey/white powdery crap.

I replaced the old plugs with new NGK one step colder iridium ones from DBC. Car idles better and I have not had any misfires since the replacement. Could be because the old ones were shot, the new ones were one step colder, or a combination. Either way I am happy with my purchase and I have had zero issues so far.

55k is pretty much a cooked plug how much life do you expect out of it?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5