GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Alexsnowflake

Passed Driver's Ed
Antenna adapters/amplifiers

If the car has diversity antenna system with the two built in antennas on the rear window, the white and brown (transparent and curry as the standard of SMB Fakra defines them), are not a couple of antenna connectors let's say one for AM and the other for FM.
The white connector is an input for both AM or FM signal and which antenna of the two on the rear window is connected to it depends on the selection made inside the original HU. That selection signal is sent from the brown output connector to switch and connect the other half of antenna to the white connector.
In other words, if you buy a generic amplifier that does not distinguish input and output for the white and brown connectors it won't help much.

I've been told by Jayro that www.pma-mobile.com has antenna adapters that may work since identifies the different connectors. Price is roughly € 50.
If someone tried it already, feedback it would be appreciated

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
password : PPCWAREZ , in caps. Also, pls delete that picture from your signature ar update the link, is annoying :)

haha thank you, sorry I have my signatures off for the past year... I hadn't realized I even broke that link for my sig pic. WIll update now :) Thanks for all the iGO8 help!!:thumbsup:

Oskar

Ready to race!
Yea thanks for trying guys.
Hope to get this thing fixed...

I think youshould try a reset A
There could be a glitch somewhere in the firmware too.
The 2 Links that I sent both work here 100% .
Also reformat your SD Card before installing the IGO8
There is something little wrong somewhere.

odyseus

Hello everybody...
Since I made the update wince, wince would not start, i see just sysupdater ... (with or with out sd card) :-(
when i put sd card to reapply, i see anything then sysupdater. (normaly the sysupdater launch automaticly the process). Could you tell me how can i wince reset this part (the short hole just reset the param part of radio /...) or other thing to find the factory settings.
thanks in advance

Was this ever solved?? because since trying to install the WinCE hack, I get the navigation system splash screen, followed by a system initialising screen then followed by the sysupdater??? If you exit this, you just get a pale blue background???

I have tried reinstalling the OS, boot etc etc and although it goes through the update process, on re-running the navigation part, you get stuck with the sysupdater again?

Is there another way to re-load the software?? maybe from the USB port on the back?? - This isn't good??!!

BTW when I first did the hack, I incorrectly copied the hack files to the Nandflash folder not the ndwflash folder - I then deleted the contents of the Nandflash folder, maybe I need to retstore the files to this folder again.???

Last edited:

pamillet

Anyone experiencing a loss of sat signal? Mine was working fine up till about 2 weeks ago, now if there is 1 cloud in the sky, no signal. Totally clear sky works fine. Very strange as the antenae placement hasnt changed.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
WHere does everyone have their antenna's?? I ended up putting mine back where I had it on my older unit... in front of the vent up top in the dash right next to the windshield... I put it on top of the radio itself first and the reception was insanely awful... Now it's 3M taped to the front of the dash by the windshield and works well... but I had to trim some of my center vent to let the wire run through... looks clean though! Where did everyone else put theirs? I kinda want to run it around the windscreen and up top by the roof... valid option?

januspoulsen

New problem with the WD6050 !!

PLEASE HELP ANYBODY !!!!

1)
I just recieved my wd6050 unit directly from waywell, installed it today and i already have problems, radio and navi seems to work without problems, but when i am listening to music no matter if it is cd or radio it keeps cutting the sound, the unit doesent switch off, it just cuts the sound. Just like if you are playing a scratched cd, the musik keeps coming on and off in. The problem seems only to occur when the car is in motion !!!

2)
How can i check if my unis is mach 1, 2, 3 etc ?!?! It has the IPod und USB connector in the back, but i suspect the unit is old, because it has the VW startup logo !??!

ANY HELP IS APRICIATED

morty

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk5 R32 3door

PLEASE HELP ANYBODY !!!!

1)
I just recieved my wd6050 unit directly from waywell, installed it today and i already have problems, radio and navi seems to work without problems, but when i am listening to music no matter if it is cd or radio it keeps cutting the sound, the unit doesent switch off, it just cuts the sound. Just like if you are playing a scratched cd, the musik keeps coming on and off in. The problem seems only to occur when the car is in motion !!!

2)
How can i check if my unis is mach 1, 2, 3 etc ?!?! It has the IPod und USB connector in the back, but i suspect the unit is old, because it has the VW startup logo !??!

ANY HELP IS APRICIATED

Press the button on the furthest top right. Your Sat Nav is kicking in with an audio sound that isn't yet installed properly, causing the sat nav sound to suspend audio until it resolves. By pressing that button you turn off sat nav sound.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
^^ anyone with the newest revision of the WD6050 with the 800x480 screen. That top right button is either on or off now. On the older units you could have the nav voice play over the radio/dvd sound and not interupt it... can this be accomplished on the new unit??? I hate when it stops everything all together to scream TAKE A RIGHT TURN MORON! lol