GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 Rabbit w/ Carbonio intake and Underdrive pulleys vs. 240sx

mkc7

Passed Driver's Ed
210HP Rabbit will definetly butt rape a stock GTI

Umm....Not exactly. Firstly, it also depends on torque. Secondly, it might edge out a stock GTI, but there will be no butt raping lol. Thirdly, do you have any idea how much work you would have to do in order to obtain 210 HP in a rabbit? Bolt ons won't do it. You'll either have to build the motor, run nitrous, or run some sort of forced induction. Intake/exhaust/chip is not gonna get you anywhere close to 210.......

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
Umm....Not exactly. Firstly, it also depends on torque. Secondly, it might edge out a stock GTI, but there will be no butt raping lol. Thirdly, do you have any idea how much work you would have to do in order to obtain 210 HP in a rabbit? Bolt ons won't do it. You'll either have to build the motor, run nitrous, or run some sort of forced induction. Intake/exhaust/chip is not gonna get you anywhere close to 210.......

will a 210HP beat a GTI? we wont know becuase we have never seen a rabbit with 210 HP with bolt ons like you said, if you couldnt tell i was being sarcastic, i didnt want to put down any Rabbit owners so that we wouldnt have another gay Rabbit GTI war

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
After i get my chip in the next two weeks I'll run a dyno on it and put up the sheets, we'll see what it says, if your right then your right and i won't cry about it. And your right i am young (18 in a month) and new to the mod game so I guess we'll find out soon enough. Post it as soon as I get it.

I'm pretty sure my buddy in the Mk4 didnt get an additional 50 hp from his apr chip he didnt spend that much on it. Maybe 20 or 30. He's only got 10 more stock hp on me.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
how much would a dyno cost me?

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
After i get my chip in the next two weeks I'll run a dyno on it and put up the sheets, we'll see what it says, if your right then your right and i won't cry about it. And your right i am young (18 in a month) and new to the mod game so I guess we'll find out soon enough. Post it as soon as I get it.

I'm pretty sure my buddy in the Mk4 didnt get an additional 50 hp from his apr chip he didnt spend that much on it. Maybe 20 or 30. He's only got 10 more stock hp on me.

yeah but he gets more HP from the chip becuase he has a Turbo, Rabbit dosent have a Turbo which means your gains with the chip will not be the same as a 1.8T, it will be half of what he gets maybe like 10-12 HP

SilverA4quattro

Passed Driver's Ed
How about a little less fucking bickering over the GTI and Rabbit, and more VW versus something else?

That's what this god damned section is for anyway. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
damn, this thread went to hell. some straight haterade being taken down all over the place.

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it me, or do Rabbit owners have the biggest chips on their shoulders?? I've seen some of the most outrageous claims coming from Rabbit owners. 210WHP from a few mods. You'd need at least 45 extra HP to hit that. Not happening on a lightly modded N/A car that only serves up 170HP stock. I wonder if it's because Rabbit owners are probably younger guys that feel they need to prove something?

And don't think I'm hating on Rabbits. They are good cars. They just aren't race cars. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I had the same inferority complex when I was 17 and driving a 2.slow VW Beetle. I did exhaust, intake, chip, and even cams and the thing was still slow as shit. In my head I added things the same way you did: 115hp stock+12hp chip+7hp intake+13hp exhaust+10hp cams = 157hp 2.0!! The fastest N/A Beetle on the streets! Riiiiiiiight. I bet that thing wouldn't break a 16.00 the way it was. I didn't hate the world or anything, but I would try in some twisted way to rationalize that my car was 'fast'* and I didn't need a 1.8T.

7 years and two turbo cars later it's evident to me that if you wanna go 'fast'* with a little engine, then you need FI. Your Rabbit it slow. I'm sorry. And it's ok. It's not ok when you lie to yourself and to others to make yourself believe it's fast. I know, I've been there. Just drive it for what it is, save your pennies, and someday if you want and can afford a car that's 'fast'*, then buy a 'fast'* car.

*'Fast' is in quotes because fast is subjective. 13.8 is screaming for someone driving a Rabbit, while it's merely a good starting point from some dude in a DSM with $2000 into it.

SilverA4quattro

Passed Driver's Ed
Your Rabbit it slow.

Well, your GTI is slow. Relative to the urS4 that I had anyway. :wub:

I take my Golf for what it is, and nothing more. For the price I didn't find anything more practical, fun to drive, or safe (new cars with warranty). The Golf GTI is also a ridiculous value and tops in it's class. Had I wanted a higher payment and insurance, I would have gone for that. If I need a turbo rush, I drive my fiancee's MKIV GTI though :biggrin:

You folks should actually read some other forums. Basically all they can say about the Rabbit or GTI is that they are "unreliable". Fit owners, tC owners, Mazda owners, what have you. It's really quite funny. We should just all focus on the fact we have arguably the best cars in their respective class. Who cares if a Rabbit is slow compared to a GTI? What would be the point of the GTI if it wasn't?

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
I take my Golf for what it is, and nothing more. For the price I didn't find anything more practical, fun to drive, or safe (new cars with warranty).

You forgot comfortable and efficient.

It's easy to find a car that's more efficient, OR more practical, OR more fun, OR safer. You can trade off one value for another. For example, the Jeep Patriot SUV is cheaper, more practical, more efficient, lower insurance, and comes with a lifetime powertrain warranty. It's less comfortable for me and significantly less fun to drive, and nowhere near as well equipped. I don't know how it compares for safety.

I don't think there is another 2008 car at any price that would more comfortable for me...unless Buick is still offering something with a bench seat.

As you said regarding other forums, the only problem that can be pointed out with the VW is reliability/repairs. Since I'm leasing mine and the warranty is longer than the lease, that makes it full of WIN!

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
We all need to remember that neither the GTI or Rabbit is "fast". The GTI is FASTER then the rabbit but in the wide look of things isnt fast at all, quick yes but not fast.