GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Instrument Cluster Replacement!

jdff

Ok guys I'll really need someone's help now, I have bought a second instrument cluster so I can leave my original intact and modify the other cluster that I bought, once my new cluster comes in and so I'm done making visual changes inside of it, can I just put it back on the car, or do i have to do anything to make it work?

Thanks
jdff

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Might need to be programmed to your car. I know that all GM vehicles IPC's must be programmed to the vehicle in order to put correct milage and hours in the IPC display. Most of the GM IPC's come from the rebuilder with the milage pre-programmed but the IPC still needs the correct programming to vehicle specs... Don't know if VW's are the same:iono:

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
so you wanna commit fraud with mileage? Thats ok, they find these things out. I could tell ya how to adapt it, but I don't wanna help a thief.

BlackStar602

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok guys I'll really need someone's help now, I have bought a second instrument cluster so I can leave my original intact and modify the other cluster that I bought, once my new cluster comes in and so I'm done making visual changes inside of it, can I just put it back on the car, or do i have to do anything to make it work?

Thanks
jdff

so you wanna commit fraud with mileage? Thats ok, they find these things out. I could tell ya how to adapt it, but I don't wanna help a thief.

Are you Serious?
:readthethread:

xminusx

Banned
Car(s)
The Failboat.

GTFO of here.. Why do people like that even post here?

OP: VAGCOM is needed, Im not sure about the key though. I'd call a dealer and ask, or a local performance shop.

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
I like the LEDs that light up on the tac and spedo. But am I the only one that thinks a LCD display for what gear you are in with a manual transmission is pointless? Cool though none the less.

PyRo H4cKeR

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
10 MK6 GTI 6MT
personally I like blue better than anything else. I changed my previous car from red to blue. Besides your eyes react to blue faster than any other color