GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes sponsored by The Tire Rack

Support GolfMKV by clicking this link to do your tirerack shopping, THANKS!

Old 07-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #1
crazylegs
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 08 MKV GTI, 99 Hyundai Sonata
Rear Swar Bar, End links, and other subframe items.

2008 GTI with 120,000 miles, I replaced all mounts on the car with new OEM mounts and used a dog bone insert on the new OEM dog bone mount at 113k miles. My only suspension mod I have would be Bilstein PSS Coils which are spun all the way down, Bilstein is not too extreme when it comes to lowering, I only rub when turning into parking lots that have an incline from the current road I am turning from. I am looking to purchase the 034 Solid Rear Sway Bar 25.4 and it is adjustable. On the softer setting I will not need new rear endlinks, with the firm setting I will need aftermarket end links. So now my question would be related to subframe and the front sway bar. Should I be using different end links for the front and back since I am lowered? Should I be purchasing any other items to help refresh certain parts in the subframe? The 034 RSB comes with billet sway bar brackets, bushings and grease so that will be nice to remove the original OEM mounting bracket. Should I also be touching the front sway bar at all? Any input is greatly appreciated.

2008 GTI APR Stage 2+/Neuspeed P-Flo Intake, APR HPFP, APR Downpipe, Bilstein PSS Coils, New South Performance Vent Mount Boost Gauge, Full Wolfsburg front end conversion. Hawk ceramic pads.
crazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote