GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche 991 Drive

vantage

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I recently had an awesome opportunity to drive a (modified) 991 Carrera S for a weekend. I wrote an article on the experience here

Some of you may have read some of my other stuff that has been posted on Jalopnik in the past.

Out of curiosity, what other blogs do you read? I know some people are critical of Jalopnik for not being about the cars sometimes. I would like to expand my writing to other publications but I would like somewhere that fits with my writing style.

Anyway, check out the article. It was fun to write so I hope it will be enjoyable to read as well.

Cheers!

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Sorry to jack your thread, but...

Jalopnik has alienated hardcore car fans for more page views from a wider audience. It's not a bad blog, but it isn't a car blog. Ever since Wert left the quality has been spotty. I've seen some dumpy 300 word articles go up in the past 3-4 months.

How did you get to this point in your writing career? I have an English minor and I think I'm ok at writing but I've never found the motivation to start because I feel "blogging" is so hard to break into with so many established players in almost every field.

vantage

Ready to race!
Appreciate the comments.

Chris Harris is a real inspiration, though I feel he is stronger on video than he is through the written word. Nevertheless, he's a great character.

I think I did point out the negatives, in fact the entire article could be read in a negative light depending on how you read it. I mean I'm essentially saying it's a disappointing 911, I don't see how that is stroking Porsche's ego.

Blaine, I wouldn't call it a 'career' at this point. It's just something I started doing for fun and it all kind of started about a year and a half ago when I got to drive a McLaren 12C unexpectedly. I wrote about this experience and you can find the article on my Facebook page - www.facebook.com/themistastone

I'm trying to keep it fun by just writing about what I'm interested in and engaging with the community. If something comes out of it then great but I'm trying to keep it light rather than look at it like a career.