GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Sirius Antenna with Aftermarket Deck

ard

Ready to race!
searched and found a bunch of unanswered threads, hoping i'll have a little more luck here...

i'd like to get sirius working with my CDA-9887 and hopefully an SC-C1 and KCA-SC100. as i said my gti came with the sirius module but it has two antenna inputs on it (a green and a brown) and the SC-C1 has a single antenna input on it. furthermore... from when in installed the deck i noticed that there are two antenna cables that terminate behind the deck (i obviously only used one of them to connect up the terrestrial antenna to the 9887.

so how do i go from the two antenna leads under hte passenger seat into an SC-C1 and what is that leftover antenna lead up behind my deck?

Blitzen

Professional .....
VW uses a diversity antenna. So to use both with an aftermarker unit you need a diversity antenna adaptor FAKRA > DIN.

ard

Ready to race!
VW uses a diversity antenna. So to use both with an aftermarker unit you need a diversity antenna adaptor FAKRA > DIN.

well i've read posts that said you could just remove the FAKRA jacket which will leave the smb connector that you need. the problem is that i have two antenna lines into the factory sirius tuner.

ard

Ready to race!
i called crutchfield and their tech told me that i should only need to plug one of the two antenna lines into my SC-C1's antenna input (not have to combine them). if one doesn't work then use the other... i'm skeptical.

MightyGTI

O SNAP!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
...the sirius module but it has two antenna inputs on it (a green and a brown) and the SC-C1 has a single antenna input on it. [/QUOTE said:
My 08 GTI only had 1 antenna input for Sirius - and it had a GREEN connector. I would try using the module with the green connector first; if that doesn't work try the brown one.

I don't think that there is a way to combine the inputs into one - they used to make a splitter for the boxes that needed two inputs after they switched to a single-connector antenna, but not sure if they make a connector for the other way on the Sirius module.

:23:

ard

Ready to race!
that seems to agree with what i got from crutchfield (altho i felt like the guy was just telling me what i wanted to hear)... anyway i guess i'm gonna order the alpine adapter with either the sc-c1 or starmate5 and just give it a shot

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
IIRC correctly u can use the stock antenna as long as u have an 07 or 08 due to it only being 1 connector. my 06 has 2 antenna plugs for sirius. i know someone who did it in his 07 using an avic-d3, hooked it up using just the box, the pioneer version of the KCA-SC100

ard

Ready to race!
did the install tonight, just have a few more things to finish up tmrw but it worked out pretty well. as i mentioned i had the factory sirius module with two antenna inputs (brown and green)

the fakra jackets come right off the antenna leads (you pop the red plastic piece out of the side and they come right off). i couldn't tell you which one worked since i just stripped the connector off both and it just happened that the first antenna lead i tried worked just fine

side note: i'm as unimpressed with the sound quality of the music on sirius as i was with xm... luckily i figured it'd be the same crappy sound as xm and am more interested in the talk stations this time around

FireMedic4

New to the GTI game!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
bump, how does this work in 09s? do I need a splitter of sorts to run my stock sirius and antenna into my pioneer HU?