GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyrolsport brake stiffening kit

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Anyone using the Tyrolsport kit develop weird wear patterns after a while? The inner part of my left rotor isn't getting hit by pad too much anymore, wondering if the bronze guides have worn a bit. I've had em on for a couple years now and around 16 DE's.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I haven't seen this on mine (about 2 years on). Have you been lubing them periodically as per the instructions?

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
i'm going to be installing mine this weekend. how often is it recommended to lube em up?

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
Can I make these myself? Can anyone with some precision measuring equipment hook me up with some dimensions? Also, are these ground or reamed?

Edit: I have a lathe at my disposal

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Can I make these myself? Can anyone with some precision measuring equipment hook me up with some dimensions? Also, are these ground or reamed?

Edit: I have a lathe at my disposal

Might as well just buy them. They are cheap enough that making them yourself seems pointless.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Probably not as often as I should. I did more 60-10 stops to bed things in, seems better now.

Yea I havent had any problems with my pad wear and have had the bushings on for quite some time. I do lube them up quite often though as I switch pads quite a lot.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
You sure you rotors are warped?

It's not all the uncommon for it to happen to people that track their cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were. The rotors are Schwabens and I get mild front end vibration from them too (wheels are balanced). I think the rotors weren't so well balanced even when new.

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
Iv been getting a break squeek when going 15kmh up to 35kmh i just put on new oem rotors front to back hawk hps pads front and back and the tylor sport bushings the brakes where worked in via the instructions from hawk

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I only recently installed this Tyrolsport kit, but after installing them along with new pads, I get virtually no vibration in the pedal anymore.

kidthunder, you get squealing while accelerating or while slowing down? If you've got some squeal going on while applying pressure to the pedal, then whoever did your brakes didn't apply enough anti-squeal to the back of the pads, or didn't lube the bronze bushings well. I'd recommend re-applying anti-squeal paste to all pads, as well as cleaning the surface of your rotors up with some brake cleaner. Did you have the surfaces turned before installing the rotors? Sometimes this is recommended to ensure the contact surface between the pad and rotor is free from any residue / contaminants.

If you've got squealing under acceleration, then thats a different issue.

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
squeeling stops when i brake and it sound more like a squeek squeek im going to bring it to the shop on saterday to see whats up