GOLFMKV

KW V2's and BBS CH!

Seanner

Proud owner of 2 MkV 's
clean car :thumbsup:
love the OEM+ look

and lol at the water hose reel :bellyroll:
I have 4 of those as my daily wheels

Thanks! I have those pictures posted in a few different boards and you are the first person to actually notice / comment on the hose reel.

I got that wheel from a buddy that works in a wheel shop. It's kind of beat to crap, but it makes a perfect place to wind up garden hoses...

Seanner

Proud owner of 2 MkV 's
Looks really good OP. Is the rear perch still in? I really like the way it's sitting

Sorry - not sure what a perch is... If you are talking about if the springs are sitting right against the car or if they are sitting in the part that has all the threads for adjusting.. They are sitting in the part that has the threads... I have about 3 or 4 threads left on the driver side and about 6 left on the passenger side.

MiKeVGTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Sorry - not sure what a perch is... If you are talking about if the springs are sitting right against the car or if they are sitting in the part that has all the threads for adjusting.. They are sitting in the part that has the threads... I have about 3 or 4 threads left on the driver side and about 6 left on the passenger side.

Oh ok. Yea, that's what I was reffering to. Thanks.

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
Yep, stance looks good brah, I just lowered mine on FK Silverlines, I got 18x8 +35 Wheels, and I'm gonna get some 205/40/R18 on em. I was wondering if the offset was too high, but I think it will be slighty less poking, so it's all good.

Iphone pic:

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 482

rmark_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 Golf GTi

OP, are you rubbing at all? I love the stance and have tried going that height with mine but was rubbing. But then, at the time I did it, I haven't done the fender mod. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Seanner

Proud owner of 2 MkV 's
OP, are you rubbing at all? I love the stance and have tried going that height with mine but was rubbing. But then, at the time I did it, I haven't done the fender mod. Would like to hear your thoughts.

I'm sure that I'm rubbing up against the fender liners a little bit on hard cornering... I haven't taken a close look with the wheels off. I don't hear anything really as the fender liners are obviously flexible. I don't seem to be rubbing at all on the fenders themselves. I do notice that at high speeds little dips in the road tend to cause a bit of noise in the rear, but again, I think that's just the tire briefly hitting the liners. Those screws on the front fenders MUST come out. I was rubbing so bad until I pulled those screws out and bent the tabs up. Once I did that little mod, I was able to go lower on the front. it was super easy to do. if I load the car up with more than 2 people things get a bit dicey...

The VW cruise up the mountain last weekend had some very tight extreme 180 degree switchback turns where the posted limit was 15 mph and we must have been going around at almost 30... When we got up to the top I did notice a little rubber collected on the driver side rear fender, but the paint wasn't rubbed off nor was there any damage... So, it was all good, and I wont be driving like that until next spring when we do that cruise again.

I am extremely conservative and was worried about going this low, but it has turned out to be not much of a big deal at all.