GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my Oil Cap sleeve just came off???

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Hi guys

Driving to work this morning and noticed the GTI idleing a little strangly. Popped the hood and my engine cover/ airbox gomits have gone and there is a lot of movement. I then noticed my oilcap on its side wedged under the cover. The sleeve was still attached to the oil cap leaving an exposed hole that the sleeve and oil cap normally cover.

WTF???:iono::iono::iono:

is that sleeve even supposed to move? Ive had my engine cover off before and never seen that sleeve move... I hope somethings not broken:eyebulge:

Help anyone?

BeatItHelmet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 GTI
It's not supposed to move on it's own. It's glued in place. I removed mine so it doesn't stick up when not using the engine cover. You could prolly re-glue it, but good luck with that. Glue and oil aren't the best of friends. In fact, in the wild they are natural enemies.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
hahaha. So true. Ok so it glues on. I might just put my cap straight on the block then.

Cheers for the help.

Unless anyone has some kick ass glue?

gerard

Mine popped off too (Mk2 TT) was replaced under warranty. But soon after, my oil consumption went up though still within VAG limits.

I am wondering if the PCV momentarily blocked and the crankcase pressure popped the oil cap.