GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf gti MK5 MY 09 Turbo not working

antegeia7

antegeia7

Hi again. Well this is a case that not daily been seen.
This is my turbo propeller??? Gone... The mechanic said previously air filter change lead to the above clip misconduct and somehow fall intobthe turbo. This clip cause the above damage.
Well questions are borned here.
1) how come I couldnt hear any noise at all?
2) it was boosting beautifully when ibtest drive the car as well as my mechanic. Afterwarsa was seen by VW and confirmed the vechicles good age. Turbo stoped boosting 3 days later. ???? No signs and no noise?
3) is it for real?can this clipncause the damage without anyone to notice?Not evem the dealer himself when he took the car?
4) and if we agree yes all caused by that. What happened with the metalic ellements from the propella? How likely is those elememts to cause damagw to the engi e?

Please give me your opinion and anyone whoncan help wil be mich much appreciated.

antegeia7

Holy shit dude!!! That air box clip destroyed all the compressor blades? Didn't think that could do that.

Thanks fornyourbanswer mate. That why I am concerned. Can this little thing
Cause that great damage? If so how come and the engine was noiseless?
I feel that someone is lieing on me and the question is why amd what could be possibly wrong? Shall I believe the clip caused ylthis damage?

Main question guys. Do u feel those parts from the propeller could have gone into the engine?

Was very excited to finally get my first gti and now dissappintment :-(

Thank you all in advance.