GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Sound System

MSVDUB

Ok so my freaking sound in my new gti really sucks :mad: I want to get a new head unit but I heard it is really hard to find someone who will do it because of the way the radio is mounted. any suggestions:iono:

mre212

Go Kart Champion
ive never heard anything about a new headunit being hard to install. I have a keenwood deck in my car and it helps the sound out alot

davesee

FIA GT Champion
it's really not that hard to do yourself.. I had to remove my stock head unit to plug the aux input jack into it.

It took me maybe 30 to 45 mins for the entire process of removing the radio & putting back in

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I was going through Shifty's photos of SEMA earlier, and noticed a wicked treatment for that console area from Tein...

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I can do it in my sleep now I have done it so many times.

capulina

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
My GTI, duh!
Ok so my freaking sound in my new gti really sucks :mad: I want to get a new head unit but I heard it is really hard to find someone who will do it because of the way the radio is mounted. any suggestions:iono:

i think you are referring to the odd shape of the headunit. just buy a mounting trim adapter. to accomodate a standard single din aftermarket stereo. you will also need a wiring harness, and antenna adapter. i bought all three things as a package off ebay really cheap.

nikefans

No Kiss mah Kar!!!
Car(s)
2007 GTi
any DIY post for how to replace the radio? details on what i exactly need for getting a new system in place and work?