GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Battery recomendations which are SMALLER in size.

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!
Due to my current intake sitting too tight between the vacuum pump & battery, a smaller sized battery would solve this issue.

Does anyone recommend a smaller battery which I could replace the OEM one with? This is for a DD and will be needed in cold winters as well.

Located in Canada.

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!
came across both Deka and braille batteries. unfortunately, they don't seem optimal for daily drivers, especially in cold climates =/

If I found a battery which is just 1-inch smaller in width, that would be enough!

:help:

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
There are 2 battery sizes that are commonly recommended for a MKV GTI: BCI size 47 and 48. I did some research and it appears size 90 (stock size for Corvette) would work as well. I weighed them all with a bathroom scale in Walmart and got:

Size 90: 33lbs
Size 47: 35lbs
Size 48: 41lbs

I went with the 47 because it was recommended instead of trying to save 2lbs.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
There are 2 battery sizes that are commonly recommended for a MKV GTI: BCI size 47 and 48. I did some research and it appears size 90 (stock size for Corvette) would work as well. I weighed them all with a bathroom scale in Walmart and got:

Also the cca is important. The tiny racing batteries shave weight, but don’t meet the high electric demands under extended street use. If it does it’s pretty temporary.

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!

Thanks for this, did some searching for the dimensions, it will be enough to clear the pod if I get either 47/90.