GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV R32 and MKIV R32: experiences?

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32
In fact it's rapidly becoming the only option (or at least the primary option) in real sports cars. I didn't want DSG at first now I can't live without. I even passed on the GoRf primarily because it lacked DSG Stateside.

ditto...dsg is sweet!

oidoglr

Ready to race!
I think the interesting question would be, if you could buy either one with same low mileage for the same price, which one would you pick? I bought mine specifically because of the VR6...it was only a bonus that my cosmetic mods from my MKV GTI could be swapped over, but if I could've found a MKIV locally at the time I bought my MKV R32, I'd probably have gone that route. DSG is amazing technology...but I do miss rowing the gears. Might have to look into an infiniteecho swap someday. :)

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32
I think the interesting question would be, if you could buy either one with same low mileage for the same price, which one would you pick? I bought mine specifically because of the VR6...it was only a bonus that my cosmetic mods from my MKV GTI could be swapped over, but if I could've found a MKIV locally at the time I bought my MKV R32, I'd probably have gone that route. DSG is amazing technology...but I do miss rowing the gears. Might have to look into an infiniteecho swap someday. :)

would the swap be worth it though?

phillip1978

Ready to race!
Go the manual, the clutch is so light anyways it shouldn't be an issue and if it is go to a gym and do some leg presses. Plus if you are going for the mk4 because its has more of a driver -machine connection it doesn't make sense to then go and pick auto and completely disconnect you from it.