GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dslr question?

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
Hi everyone

I'm planning to get a SLR camera for better quality pictures mostly using for family, vacation and car. First time using slr camera also looking with HD video so I just want to see what camera everyone using to get some idea. Here's what im looking to get Nikon d5100 or Canon t3i or Nikon 3100 for lower price, my price range is 600 planning to get a used camera. feel free to throw some idea

Thanks

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Figure out which system you want to use as far as lenses go.

Canon's rebel series is a great starting point.

Would also start reading up on how to use SLR cameras in their aperture priority, shutter priority, or manual modes to stay away from the green box auto modes. One of the main reasons to get an SLR is to have more control of how you take your pictures.

MK420

Ready to race!
wrong place to ask my friend. but theres a photography section that will probably answer your questions. btw I have a rebel xs and think its a great camera.

PinoyMark

Sushi Chef
Car(s)
06 GTI
Check out the canon potn (photography on the net) forums. One of the largest photography forums online, you can get pretty goo d pricing on used bodies and lenses.
I had the canon xs which is a great starting body, you don't need an expensive camera to take good pics. (it's mostly in the lense and the photographer themselves),
If you want something compact but also very good check out the canon g12, their flagship point and shoot. Cost me only 500 at bestbuy.

I really dont find a need for taking video with dslrs unless you're strictly going into videos, but for photos the xs or xsi are very stable choices paired with the right lenses.

Be sure to pick up a canon 1.8/50, best bang for the money.

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
If you're not going to get serious into photography, either entry level camera with video capability will do. Go to a camera shop and try them out see what is more comfortable to you as far as button placement, menu navigation, and how it fits in your hand. Then go from there.

Pinoys taking over golfmkv I see?

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
I got the Nikon D5000 from bhphoto.com.
Every photographer I have ever talked to recommends this site. The choice between Nikon and Cannon is like ^ said, it is really personal preference.

unlimitedMIKE

Ready to race!
Be sure to pick up a canon 1.8/50, best bang for the money.

Agreed i use it more then any other lens I've owned in the past. and for 60$-80$ you cant go wrong.

i went with the Canon T2i and love the beginner friendly setup, nikons all are frustrating even with modest SLR experience in the past. I was also looking into getting the cannon 50d but didnt find all the extra features very useful as they seem more professional oriented.

My only complaint with canons rebel line is its lack of the second spin switch for aperture/speed settings found on all the pro stuff. i got very used to it on my film cannon and miss it a lot.

The t3i looks like a very expensive step up for a flippy lcd and some extra features.... whatever you do buy an LCD cover as i ve already scratched mine :(

-Mike

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
thanks for all the reply, its a hard to decide but im prettysure it will come down to price wise. I have a few friends have nikon and i did barrow one for my vacation ,its a d50 its easy to used and learn but i think ill want something lil updated with the longer it take me to learn is the better, so i dont get bored on it and get a new one lol. its like my car before all i want its a wheel then after you want another its like addiction cycle.

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
Agreed i use it more then any other lens I've owned in the past. and for 60$-80$ you cant go wrong.

i went with the Canon T2i and love the beginner friendly setup, nikons all are frustrating even with modest SLR experience in the past. I was also looking into getting the cannon 50d but didnt find all the extra features very useful as they seem more professional oriented.

My only complaint with canons rebel line is its lack of the second spin switch for aperture/speed settings found on all the pro stuff. i got very used to it on my film cannon and miss it a lot.

The t3i looks like a very expensive step up for a flippy lcd and some extra features.... whatever you do buy an LCD cover as i ve already scratched mine :(

-Mike

im think getting t2i also theres a few on my local classifeid around 550+

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
I just picked up the t3i on black friday - 799, so far I think it great.