GOLFMKV

CRAFTSMAN Air Ride Build-up Thread

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
yeah ksport sway links suck

its all fun and games...untill someone blows a bag:frown:

if you have coilovers you can crank them up and still drive

for the rears i just bring extra springs you can easily swap out

at least here in texas, there have been 2 guys who have had a failed pressure sensor, depending on where the sensor is, make sure its not in the bottom of the tank where all the water/condensation accumulates

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
yeah ksport sway links suck

if you have coilovers you can crank them up and still drive

for the rears i just bring extra springs you can easily swap out

at least here in texas, there have been 2 guys who have had a failed pressure sensor, depending on where the sensor is, make sure its not in the bottom of the tank where all the water/condensation accumulates

yeah thats what I had to do, it was the front left and I just cranked it up. I was completely shocked when it happend I almost had no idea what to do...I was like uhhh...shit...I think I just blew a bag....tow truck NO...Springs...didnt have um...then I finally realized I could just turn them up.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Okay got some pics of the install I did not post yet as well as some other slight mods.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!: Do NOT try and run your front bags with 20psi and an ET50 wheel...it will blow. I Knew it was rubbing but since I have no real concept of what PSI translates into what height yet I rubbed right through the bag. But I just ordered 215/35's and some spacers so that should be taken care of.

Old K-sport junk.

Shock body with everything removed. The corrosion coating on these thing suck ass!

bagged

Tonight I took off the nips with the help of my buddy Evan

Hit it with a coat of primer.

Before:

After: I'm actually a little dissappointed at how low its not going in the rear. I thought I would get much more outta that, but I'm thinking it's my massive 225's on the rear holding it up? I'll find out tomorrow or Thursday when I switch em out.

Hopefully getting notched next week.

I'll try and get some quality real camera pics soon.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
TR w. votex on the ground :wub:
what wheels do u run in the summer?

Those:rolleyes: But I'm getting rid of them soon for some very very very I mean very original benzos. I mean so original I cannot find a pic to this day nor have I heard of anyone ever running them. But thats a secret for now:bellyroll:

damn man sorry to hear about the front bag. that's kinda freaky. what do you think is a good distance from bag to tire when adjusting it?

for the backs...maybe you can try to give it a little negative camber if your tire holding it up on the fender?

looking good and good luck!

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
thats so awesome, glad you got it done!!!!!

yeah just dont forget to watch that clearance up front

mount the wheels and double check, i always run spacers in front for oem vw/audi wheels

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
my fat fives were 18x8.5 et 45

i put 15mm spacers all around and wheels are flush to the fender

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Pix for Clix:biggrin:

Rear bumpstops still in.

In the process of looking for some new rollas so if anyones interested in my wheels let me know!