GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Bilstein sport shocks/struts and H&R sport springs

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Just sold my GTI and getting rid of my last remaining parts. This is a set of Bilstein sport shocks and H&R sport springs both with about 30K miles on them. The car felt great with these on...firm ride but not harsh and the stance was perfect imo. You can view my garage for pics of my car with this setup.

The flash from the camera makes them look a little dirty but everything is in perfect working condition. I have a new set of axel bolts I will include as well.

Asking $500 + shipping for both the shocks and the springs. I prefer not to split them up but would consider it if it was the only option. $400 + shipping shocks only, $150 + shipping springs only. Feel free to shoot me a pm with any reasonable offers. Thanks!

gatorfast

man amongst boys
500$ plus shipping? what a rip-off ..... those sell for 750$ brand new SHIPPED ;good luck with the sale

Thanks for the kind words :rolleyes:

On tire rack the shocks alone sell for almost $700 and the springs for $220. $500 for both sounds pretty reasonable to me. Also as I clearly stated, I will accept offers as well. No need to come bash my thread.

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
$500 is not a bad price...these are the best shocks/struts you can buy for the MKV. They will last forever.....

BUMP for a great set up

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Thanks for the kind words. I think this is the only picture I have with a good side shot:

Its about a 1 finger gap in front and a 1.5 in the rear. I loved the stance and the car rode beautifully with this shock/spring combo.

phillip1978

Ready to race!
Hey volkswagen85 if you can link me to where they are going for 770 H&R sport springs and Bilstein Sport suspension that would be great, because so far i have found them on average around the 900 mark. for example ecs tunning
So i think 500 for them is fair :)
Hey Gatorfast, how did you find this setup on the more bumpy B grade roads

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
Thanks for the kind words. I think this is the only picture I have with a good side shot:

Its about a 1 finger gap in front and a 1.5 in the rear. I loved the stance and the car rode beautifully with this shock/spring combo.

Those 18s?

Looks good. Reminds me of how my WRD springs sit.

gatorfast

man amongst boys

I didnt find it too bad at all actually. I do a lot of highway driving for work and I-95 down here has a lot of cracks/pavement changes and I was always more than comfortable on my commutes.

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
Hey volkswagen85 if you can link me to where they are going for 770 H&R sport springs and Bilstein Sport suspension that would be great, because so far i have found them on average around the 900 mark. for example ecs tunning

I paid around $800 for my Bilsteins new with WRD springs. Save yourself 300 bones and get these. I was looking for them used at the time but no one had any.

These struts will make your car handle better then most coil-overs.

i am sorry but i was wrong it's 808$ the whole kit brand new including shipping (Bilstein sport shocks and struts) 589.95$ free shipping
http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/..._Sport_Shocks_Front_and_Rear&products_id=1903

(H&R sport springs 219.95$ free shipping) http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/...info=H&R_54752_Sport_Springs&products_id=2867

JSnover107

Ready to race!
i have the same set up was thinking about selling to get coils soon, spend 900 dollars for mine (couldn't find free shipping at the time i guess.) $500 is a reasonable price

Bump