GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jiffylube topped off my coolant with universal

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Need I be worried that it will cause problems when mixing with the g13? I hate how they top yoy off without asking!:mad0259: This has happened in the past a number of times and my thermostat went out last year and needed replacing. Im hoping that isnt in part due to this mixing.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Do NOT mix other coolants with g12/13 unless its specifically says it compatible. It will react with the phosphates in g13 and will gel up. I would take it back and have them flush it. Worked a new beetle where owner mixed a lot of coolant and coolant passages had nasty builup coating inside

ShadowSplicer

Independent AMSOIL Dealer
Car(s)
Candy White .:R32
Definitely make them flush it, or refund your service. What did they put in, green coolant? Were they blind?
The place I bought my GTI from did the same thing to me. Turned a murky brown when I got it back. I didn't trust them again with it, so I flushed it myself. Cheap and easy. Leaving the incompatible coolant WILL make it gel up and wreck stuff pretty quickly.

Pudding

Passed Driver's Ed
It was mixing G11 (blue) with G12 (pink) that caused the solidifying problems.

G12+ was then quickly released and from that revision onwards, there are no mixing concerns that I know of.

Always best to stick to VAG coolant anyway because they constantly revise it with more lubricants and rust inhibitors to extend water pump life, which is necessary with ever increasing cambelt intervals.