GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

few problems with my golf :(

fatboyslim

Hi,

I just recently bought a mk5 golf, its got electric windows however when the windows open and you go to close it the window just seems to open fully and then you have to close it does anyone know how to fix this?

Also The ESP light just seems to stay on and does not turn off even when you press it again can anyone help on to how to get this sorted?

Pav90

4motion for the mandem!
are you pressing both electric windows at the same time? as in trying to close both windows when one is already up? it does it then, just press the one switch. as far as esp, if the lights staying on then it means its not working most likely, need to get a dealer or a garage to vagcom it and check it out mate

asayer

A13
Car(s)
VW Golf 2.0 GTI
Hi,

I just recently bought a mk5 golf, its got electric windows however when the windows open and you go to close it the window just seems to open fully and then you have to close it does anyone know how to fix this?

Also The ESP light just seems to stay on and does not turn off even when you press it again can anyone help on to how to get this sorted?

Ha! My drivers side window does exactly the same thing - its so annoying! No idea why it does it but your not the only one! I also find once its decided to open itself fully it wont go all the way back up by itself (you have to hold the switch)

twink

with regards to the window mine did the same. pretty simple fix to be honest. when it has gone all the way down, hold the switch up till the window shuts then hold the switch in the up position for about 5 seconds. this restarts the window system and it should work...it has with mine anyway

Pav90

4motion for the mandem!
with regards to the window mine did the same. pretty simple fix to be honest. when it has gone all the way down, hold the switch up till the window shuts then hold the switch in the up position for about 5 seconds. this restarts the window system and it should work...it has with mine anyway

cheers twink!

asayer

A13
Car(s)
VW Golf 2.0 GTI

cheers - i'll give that a go in the morning! Common prob obv.

Gaffer

wannabe GTI owner
Norman Cook, is your car over 3 years old, coz the esp failure is common when the warranty run out, happened in my mums golf and ive heard it in a couple of others.

fatboyslim

My car is an 04 plate so yeah it is older then 3 years i have been searching on the internet for a possible fault and it does seem like a common fault so i will be taking it to VW to see what they can do about it hopefully they can sort it with a discounted price! How did your mums golf get sorted mate?

Gaffer

wannabe GTI owner
My car is an 04 plate so yeah it is older then 3 years i have been searching on the internet for a possible fault and it does seem like a common fault so i will be taking it to VW to see what they can do about it hopefully they can sort it with a discounted price! How did your mums golf get sorted mate?

it didnt, there was some sorta massive failure with the engine/exhaust, along with the esp and it was costing £1500 to repair! so it got traded in for an astra!

twink

glad i could help your window prob guys!

Fatboyslim...does your abs work proplerly? the ESP light is a common problem in VW's AFTER the warranty runs out. take it to the dealer and get them to do a diagnostics check which is usually £88. it is most likely the ABS control unit which will cost around £1500 for a new one, you can try to get VW to contribute more, as durability (particularly for a safety-related issue) is a feature of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended 1994), and therefore something like the ABS should not fail so early in a vehicle's life.
good luck and let us know what they said!

fatboyslim

I went to VW and just as you said it was the same problem as you guys mentioned. Given a bill of £1750 which includes the part and fitting and apparently my clutch needs to be replaced too.

Spoke to customer services and they have offered to pay 35% of that bill as a goodwill gesture im gona wait and try and make them contribute more. i was told this problem does not affect the drive of the vehicle only affects its performance in the snow and rain is this true?

twink

nice one! its expensive but a 35% contribution isnt bad, although saying that someone got an 80% contribution off them haha keep pushing for more, just keep stressing that it shouldnt have failed so early im sure they will contribute more!

yeah it wont affect it performance at all and your abs will still work as normal but slippery conditions will prove a stumbling block, lucky for you its summer and i dont belive we are due rain (Y) let us know of the updates