GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Starting my PM3 install soon...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Pics to show:
1) ...connected 40A fuse holder to the "power bar", farthest to the right, in front of fuse panel under the hood
2) ...routed wire in corrugated tubing and fed under battery in the three clip channel with other harness to the rubber grommet and harness at the firewall
3) ...where it comes through into the footwell. No, I didn't leave the wire exposed in the footwell like in the pic...took the pic right after feeding it through.

I didn't take a pic of where it ends up, but it is currently under the rear seat with corrugated tubing covering all of what leaves the rear side panel. No, there is no fuse in the holder yet.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Sorry about the quality...it's the gopro hero 3 in pic mode.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
That's sweet....you ran your +wire back along the drivers side, yes? Did you just tuck the +wire under the trim all the way back, or did you remove trim? Thank you again.

No.

My battery is relocated to the hatch area.

The wire you see on the drivers side is connecting the pm3 to my cm5 (my cm5 is in my glovebox)

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Damn man, that looks good! So is the PM3 the end all be all for the low side solution? Trying to get all my ducks in a row for when we get our BT setup going. I keep going back and forth on just getting something like the USP drop in solution or a piggy back like the PM3. We are only shooting for around 400whp.

The pm3 is an easy "plug n play" solution to get the most out of your oem or ttrs pump.

If you want to take things further and you require more fueling, you'll want to get a CM5 as well

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
That CM5 would be for running two in parallel, yes?

Yeah, I think I will never be in need of more than one oem or upgrade in the oem basket to pull off this GIAC K04 HO once again...Das G sounds to be in need of considering it though.

I think I may try Torqbyte's upcoming PWM/fuel pump controller. I am curious to read its potential and benefits when it does get released. They told me they will have it out soon to replace the oem controller...but that may be the extent of my fuel needs. Love the work you did...I'm inspired by it. I think I will mount my PM3 in the spare well. Routing the wires under the black styrofoam that is under the rear deck. I don't trust it remaining under the seat. I like where yours ended up, but I want to avoid panel removal. I can make what is need for mounting the PM3....piece of cake...fabricated and formed steel for 20 years.

larcic

Ready to race!
Great thanks...just the info I'm seeking. I just need to look for best access from the engine bay into the interior.

two locations i used. for my stereo i went with the passenger side there is a large group of wires going in. I used a wire clothes hanger and pushed the stereo wire through with it. came out right under the glove box. the other is right behind the battery. I used this for my boost gauge. if you go from inside to outside you do not have to remove the battery removing the battery makes it really easy.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
two locations i used. for my stereo i went with the passenger side there is a large group of wires going in. I used a wire clothes hanger and pushed the stereo wire through with it. came out right under the glove box. the other is right behind the battery. I used this for my boost gauge. if you go from inside to outside you do not have to remove the battery removing the battery makes it really easy.
Thanks for the advice...but I have already run the wire. I posted pics of the job. Mine goes behind the battery...I saw my boost gauge is through the same harness-seal there as well.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
That's my old install pic [emoji1360
Speaking of pics...I was searching Prof. Googles records for more PM3 discussion and came across pics of your mk5 @ instagram...what a beauty. :thumbsup:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
So, got the PM3 ordered and received an email stating I have a shipment on the way...
...FÜK yeah!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So, got the PM3 ordered and received an email stating I have a shipment on the way...
...FÜK yeah!

You inspired me to order one even though tuner indicated I probably wouldn't need it. Mine came in last week. I ordered from Deutsche so I could use paypal.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
You inspired me to order one even though tuner indicated I probably wouldn't need it. Mine came in last week.
Still, more amps won't hurt, right? None of those tuners ever told us when we got our K04 kits we'd have problems with any of this did they? Just need the hpfp upgrade...umhmm, OK :thumbsup:
Should see mine within a week. Got the wires connected @ the battery and run to underneath the rear seat...standing by to do the finished connections. Planning on putting it where the spare used to be...going to remove the seat and everything in the hatch floor space and give it more thought though.

Going to run lpfp data as is with oem lpfp, then with PM3 and oem lpfp...and finally with PM3 and TTRS pump installed into the oem basket.

Last edited: