GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG issues after Revo Stg 1 intall, anyone with info?

MeinMKV

Ready to race!
Yes I also feel that it might have to do with the flash. When I DIDNT have the Revo the shifting was smooth, little cranky, but NOTHING like it is now. Only when I push acceleration does the DS"cough". I have to do my DSG fluid change, so maybe when I get this done will I ask Elite MS to reset my DSG and HOPEFULLY all will be solved. FINGERS CROSSED! Thanks for all the advise.

jsof

Ready to race!
let us know how you go with it! i am talking to a guy now that will help me out with a vagcom dsg reset.. ill post my results when its done!

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
From what I can say is the DSG for the most part doesn't like to be driven hard when in "D" mode when you are flashed. "D" mode should only be used for fuel savings so don't floor it. If you take it easy while driving in "D" does the problem still occur?

I no longer Drive in "D" I prefer to drive with the paddles for dd. This way I have no issues what so ever with the tranny.

MeinMKV

Ready to race!
I have an Evoms V-flow intake; and no it doesn't act up when I'm driving lightly just when I get aggressive, and yes I also now do most of my driving with the paddle shift

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
I have an Evoms V-flow intake; and no it doesn't act up when I'm driving lightly just when I get aggressive, and yes I also now do most of my driving with the paddle shift

That's pretty normal than, "D" mode doesn't really know how to handle the power effectively, so if you plan to drive aggressive than paddle or sport mode drive.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Must be your clutch pedal
Or the linkage?
Plus the ones I know have Apr. They don't have any issues

:facepalm:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"

watziznehm

TS, do you have a boost gauge installed?

I have the same problem, same symptoms. For 2 years now. Only diff is that I'm on Revolution Stg 2.

At first, i noticed that it happens in D, but not S. And it doesn't happen in manual. So I played around with it somemore and realized that it has to do with the car shifting when the boost is low.

My boost goes to around 1.5 bar (dunno what that is in PSI) and the jerks will come if the car shifts up before the boost hits 1 bar. It's more significant in lower gears too.

I can now replicate the jerk even in manual. And I agree that it's effin annoying.

Let me know if its the same for you?

uberdork71

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07gli, 70 911t,72mg
*****If anyone is still under waranty, re-set your settings to stock, and take your car to the dealership*****

I had the same problem with a 07 GLI. I did regular DSG resets and it would help for a week or so, then right back to the same thing. It got to the point where I would just run it at stock settings to help minimize the jerking. As I neared the end of my waranty, I pushed the dealership to find the problem. When they were trouble shooting, VW told the dealership to drain the fluid. When they did, they found metal filings and replaced the tranny. Problem solved. I don't think the metal filings caused the problem, and I don't know if the problem caused the metal filings, but after the tranny was replaced the problem was solved.

In my opinion, it is not worth it to run the chip. If you want more power and you can't drive a stick, it would probably be cheaper to trade your car for a evo, than to have to buy a new tranny.

Now I have a different 07 GLI. It's stock, and doesn't have the jerk/hesitation when it shifts. However, when it shifts at about 3/4 throttle I can hear a faint "Pop" or "Woof" sound. I know it is the same spot my last car would hesitate or jerk.

I'm curious, anyone have this problem before the mech unit recall was done? Any change after?