GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DM K04 vs Mazdaspeed3

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Again in Mexico, minding my own business.

Mazdaspeed3 makes a bunch of lane changes to get behind me as we make a right turn to a long uphill run. We both hit it and the Mazda just shrank very quickly in my rear view mirror. Like the WRX I ran a while back, not really a fair race but still fun to open it up. I killed him pretty bad so it must have been stock.

Car(s)
Subaru
Again in Mexico, minding my own business.

Mazdaspeed3 makes a bunch of lane changes to get behind me as we make a right turn to a long uphill run. We both hit it and the Mazda just shrank very quickly in my rear view mirror. Like the WRX I ran a while back, not really a fair race but still fun to open it up. I killed him pretty bad so it must have been stock.

even tuned ones arent a fair match on k04 gtis. my friend had one with a pretty hot tune on his ms3 and his k04 blew up and he was only making 20psi out of it. it over spooled or something :lol:

gotta love the quality of mazdas

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I spanked one when I first got my ko4 yeah not very impressive considering they have more displacement than us

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Those can be made to be hella-quick on the cheap, but if you ever want a good laugh/drinking game go to the mazdaspeed forums and count/drink at every "my engine blew up" post lol I have a lot of problems with our cars but I cant say in my three years of being on this forum I can ever recall someone having a "I threw a rod thread" without searching for it

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
our k03 is smaller than their k04, but our k04 is bigger than theirs. their tunes are shit too
True, our K04 has a larger compressor wheel than theirs, although turbine wheel is the same. In more detail:

Our K04:

compressor wheel: 46.4 mm
turbine wheel: 44.5 mm

Mazdaspeed:

compressor wheel: 45.2 mm
turbine wheel: 44.5 mm

Another important thing to mention, our compressor wheel is billet, theirs is not. Billet compressor wheels are stronger and provide faster spool.

Our turbo difference alone is pretty serious and far more important than our lack of displacement, which is nothing really.