GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach pros or sportline?

Gti_Autobahn

I just picked up an '06 GTI and wanted to drop some springs in it. I'm not sure which spring would be best. Pros claim 1" drop and Sportlines claim 1.6" drop. I just want a more aggressive stance and not be "slammed". I plan on keeping stock 18" rims. Any experiences or suggestions?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I would recommend also swapping the shocks/struts at the same time. If I remember correctly, both of those spring options are progressive and the stock shocks and struts are meant to have linear springs on them. From what I've read, progressive will wear the stock shocks and struts faster.

Eibach made springs for VW and their DriverGear option catalog. They're linear springs, but don't provide a very drastic drop. I saw about 1.00" to 1.25" after installing the DriverGear springs.

The 2006 does sit higher than the other MKV models.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Unless the shocks have been replaced. You should replace them at the same time. Lowering springs on worn out shocks will give you the stance but car probably will handle worse.

I am running Eibach Sportlines with Bilstein Sports for MKVI and really like the setup for a daily driver.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
This is with sportlines...and yes, at least install new front struts for lowered set-ups when you do this. The rear is easy enough to do later...even by yourself.