GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 code?

yg17

Ready to race!
I have an 09 GTI, completely stock, and yesterday got a CEL. I went to AutoZone to scan the code, and it's P2015 and the description provided is "Intake manifold runner poisiton sensor circuit range/performance bank 1" which makes no sense to me. After they got the code, the CEL went off and hasn't come back on yet, but I haven't touched anything, so it's not like the problem was fixed. Is this something I need to worry about? The car is running fine, no noticeable problems. Thanks

chrisblack2k1

Less low, moar handling.
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Your flapper motor is likely bad. I had the exact same thing happen to me; it seems to be a common issue with TSI motors. IF you're still under warranty, get it to the dealership & they'll replace the intake manifold. Search for "P2015" and "Flapper Motor" and you'll find a ton of info.

yg17

Ready to race!
Thanks, I searched and saw a lot of stuff on the FSI but not TSI.

Any reason why the code would go away after AutoZone pulled it? Obviously the issue hasn't been fixed, but I don't want to waste a personal day from work to take it to the dealer (M-F only hours at the dealer suck!) and have them tell me there's nothing wrong since there's no CEL. I've driven about 30 or miles so since I went to AutoZone, should I be expecting it to come back on after I drive a bit more?

I've exceeded the 3/36 general warranty but am still under the 5/60 powertrain warranty, is this something that would be covered under that?

chrisblack2k1

Less low, moar handling.
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Should be covered under power train. I had autozone clear the code for me as well, and it did come back within 50 miles or so. It's not going to cause significant drivability issues, so no need to worry about it leaving you stranded. See the link below for more details:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147202&highlight=P2015

yg17

Ready to race!
Thanks, I called the dealer and the service guy said it's probably the flapper motor, but they can't do anything until the CEL comes back on...I guess AutoZone cleared it.

Not sure if I've driven 50 miles yet, if not, I'll definitely hit that mark on the way home from work.

boki

Ready to race!
^A quick question - so if it is a flapper motor does the whole intake manifold needs to be replaced? I guess that the said flapper motor is integral part that's built into it and can't be replaced on it's own? Also, besides the intake manifold do you need other parts for the job (like injector o rings or something else)?