GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windows gone crazy.

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all. The windows on 3626 have started roiling themselves halfway down whenever they want to. The car is not even on, nobody inside. Kinda sucks getting off a 12 hour shift in northern Illinois to find the windows down in December, you know? The window jam sensitivity seems way up too, it is hard to get the windows to stay up. Even if I just leave them "cracked" they will roll down when I am not around. Is there anything I can try aside of getting new window controller$?

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Hmmm.....well that's peculiar. I've had one of my back windows roll back down halfway (just after I rolled it up when parking) a few times. It only did it a few times and never with regularity. Never figured out what the cause was so I'm interested to hear what could be causing your issue.

My first place to look would be to check the window switch on the drivers door for any corrosion underneath. It's pretty typical that the lousy rain gutter will allow rain water on the roof to flow into an open window upon departure, which could cause corrosion/issues with this switch over time. It's pretty easy to pop it out with a non-marring pry tool and would be a quick place to check first.