GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

who has taste in alloys in here?

rizzla

5dr 1.6Fsi coming through in few weeks, need ideas on what alloys suit that car? anyone fancy the below?

2nd question. If I get 18's, will I still need to lower the car to make it sit properly on the wheels? or will the back look elevated still?

3rd question. is it easy to remove the factory stereo to put my own pioneer mp3 one?

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
rizzla said:
5dr 1.6Fsi coming through in few weeks, need ideas on what alloys suit that car? anyone fancy the below?

2nd question. If I get 18's, will I still need to lower the car to make it sit properly on the wheels? or will the back look elevated still?

3rd question. is it easy to remove the factory stereo to put my own pioneer mp3 one?

What style rims do you like, and what's your budget? In general I recommend picking a 5 spoke, multi-spoke or mesh design depending on your taste, then deciding on color and maker like BBS, Rial, Flik, OZ, etc. In addition you really need a budget. I set mine at $1500 basically excluding all of the BBS line I liked. I ended up picking a set of Rials, but don't want to be copied too much yet so, you'll have to search to see what I picked out.:biggrin:

Also as far as size goes your wheel gap will only be minimally affected by larger diameter rims. If at all it is an optical effect that it may look slightly lower. This is because the diameter of the rim+rubber should be +/-5% or so for your speedo to still read acurately. Check out the calculator at the top of the page to see what I mean. In summary to look better you will need springs or coilovers, again depending on driving style, personal preference, and $$.

As far as the stereo goes I am sure any good shop can do the swap for you with a minimum of problems.

Cheers!