GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What downpipe to get and where to get one

GTICT07

I have a 2007 golf GTI manufacture date is 7/2006 if that plays any factor. I'd like to do a down pipe on a stock exhaust. Theres so many exhaust options for things I know nothing about. Brands and Part#s would help. User c72k is running his mouth. I just need some advice cause there's so many things. All I got is and Intake but I wanna do the downpipe boost gauge and controller and I think my DV valve is going bad. Any other suggestions. I want the stage 2 tune but I think a 3" DP is to much I'd rather go 2.5. When I get a bigger turbo then 3" would pay but 2.5 is fine. Thanks if anyone got some info

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I think a 3" downpipe is probably what you are gonna have to go with. I checked eBay and that's all I saw.

5aprilc I agree, I think AWE is the only 2.5 system that I can recall and 3in works great for stage 2 on up.

OP I would suggest you go to stage 2.
Intake like CTS or Neuspeed, a 3in downpipe and of course a stage 2 tune and you have a very healthy upgrade in power for least amount of money per hp.

Last edited:

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Lol. "Running my mouth?" I'm assuming you mean telling you to search because so many others have asked literally the same question.

cencalmk7

Ready to race!
Dude there's not even a difference with a 2.5in and 3in exhaust if you're not even tuned at the moment. These cars barely hit 260hp on tunes, it's not like we're all pushing 400. Search "downpipe mk5 options" and you'll get 9,000,000 threads of information. We all run 3in downpipes. What's confusing you about different downpipes? http://google.com

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
3" downpipe or I wouldn't bother. That is what all of the stage 2 tunes specify, or for turbo upgrades (K04, etc). If you have any plans to go stage 2 or upgrade your turbo and you are replacing your downpipe, just go 3".

As for your diverter valve, a lot of people run the 'Rev D' which is a revision that the factory put out that is a much better DV than the one that came on your car. Otherwise, Forge makes one and there are a few other options: GFB DV+, etc. You will want to get this figured out, though, as your car won't run properly with a failing DV and may throw a code.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I had the AWE 2.5" mated to OEM cat back. Now a unitronic 3" to OEM. No tune yet. I noticed zero difference. Not even in sound.

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
OP go with the 3" and there is no reason to to pay for the expensive awe dp when a $150.00 raceland dp will do the same thing. I paid $400 for my ATP dp way back in the day when there were no other options but would have much rather spent that money on other things

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI