GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird launch issues

RussellR32

Ready to race!
Car sometimes will launch and others for no reason won't? My friend has a mkv R32 same issue? whats up?

RHCP4LIFE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
.:R32
the dsg has to be up to temp.

r32tko

Car(s)
mkv R32
If it doesn't work on the first try just take your foot completely off the brake and roll forward then reapply the brake.... You can do this acouple time... as i have to do at time even when my car is at operating tenp. And make sure you have traction off and on sport or M

RussellR32

Ready to race!
the dsg has to be up to temp.

Could the DSG be too hot? Because at the 1/4 mile track my friends R32 stopped wanting to launch after a few runs and we were going back to back. Cars didn't have enough time to cool down.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Could the DSG be too hot? Because at the 1/4 mile track my friends R32 stopped wanting to launch after a few runs and we were going back to back. Cars didn't have enough time to cool down.

Unless ur DSG or Mech. Is bad and this is not allowing u to launch

I track my R32 all the time and done over 50-100 launches with not may issues.

Are y'all stock? What tunes or flashes? Any mods at all?

Have u done ur maintenance and how many miles do ip y'all have?

Btw...... What are y'all running in the 1/4 miles lately??

RussellR32

Ready to race!

:thumbsup: first reply on this post already basically asked what you just posted up. I know how to launch the car and have done it often. I don't need a tutorial on launching, I'm trying to find out why my car and a friends will only launch sometimes. Even with all the proper steps done. At the 1/4 mile track I honestly thought he was an idiot and I took his car down the track to try and launch it. Again the car would just not let the car go into launch control.

Andrey_R32

Passed Driver's Ed
Heyy Im not an idiot, it just wouldnt launch, and for the above reference to being stock and maintenance, all of my maintenance and recalls have been performed and i change oil every 5k, car wouldnt launch on the track but it would engage in the parking lot, anyways Im somewhat not having the issue anymore and havent had the same issue since the track night and with a shitty launch i ran a 14.8 and Russell ran 14.5 with a good launch, were both stock and that was with a full tank of gas so its not impressive but its not horrible either.

RussellR32

Ready to race!
I don't think 14.5 is good. Stock GTI's do that.

Didn't buy the r32 to be a 1/4 monster and I don't think that's what VW made it for. I can't believe me and the only other r32 local owner I know are the only ones with the inconsistent launches.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Only time I ever had launch control not work was when I wasn't pressing the brake pedal hard enough to engage it. I used it a lot in 116,000 miles.

Good luck with it, hope you find the problem.