GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrading speakers

barzman

Hi,

I have a 3 door mk5 fsi golf and i want to upgrade my speakers. I replaced the head unit when i first got it with a sony WX-GT90 BT which improved the sound of the original speakers straight away.

I wanted to add 2 speakers in the rear to complete the soundstage and produce clearer bass, went Halfords to get them fitted with Vibe speakers but then realised after removing the back seats and panel that there was nothing there to fit them into.

So now i want to just replace the 6 speakers in the front with 6 aftermarket speakers. I have been recommended Vibe by a guy at halfords as they are meant to be very good quality for the price. I understand getting an amp and suboofer could be the first option but with my headunit providing good power already i figured replacing the 6 speakers should make a pretty significant improvement by itself. If i'm still not happy with the sound then i will invest in an amp and/or a subwoofer.

So i would just like to know your thoughts on this and if you recommend any other ideas or is there anything i should/need to know about before i go through with this??

thanks