GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uneven suspension

DerSock

Ready to race!
I've had the Koni yellow/H&R super sport setup on my GTI for about 6 months and the rear sits about .25-.5 inches lower than the front (when the spare tire is out). This has started to bother me now more than ever since I have a set of 8.5 width wheels coming in.

I've done some research on the Koni/SS setup and it seems like some other GTI owners have this issue as well... So my questions are:

-Would adjusting the dampening change ride height at all? (they were installed without any changes when they were shipped to me, not sure what setting theyre on now lol...)
-Would reinstalling them or buying a refresh kit fix the issue?
-Or would a set of H&R sport springs, instead of SS, balance out my setup?

I can provide pictures later if needed. (Shouldve got coils... I know)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
#1: Changing the dampening wont change the ride height
#2: I'm not sure if a refresh kit would fix it but I doubt it
#3: H&R Sport springs have a rake the other way (rear is a little higher than the front) so that would fix your problem, but would just create another

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I think my car is the only one that is lower in the front than the rear with the H&R Super Sports.... Something is probably wrong lol.

zecgti

IDGAF
Mine was a little reverse raked wen i had the yellows and supersports on. I dont think u can fix the issue apart from just getting coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerSock

Ready to race!
#3: H&R Sport springs have a rake the other way (rear is a little higher than the front) so that would fix your problem, but would just create another

Im guessing the H&R sports would have a different spring rate and would ride strangely correct?

Idk maybe a new set of SS rear springs would fix the issue...

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Im guessing the H&R sports would have a different spring rate and would ride strangely correct?

Idk maybe a new set of SS rear springs would fix the issue...

You could do that, but IMO the most rewarding thing for you would be to deal with it for now and save up for a decent set of coilovers. H&R's Premium Performance coilovers are around 1200 on ECS and they are well worth it. My buddy has them on his R and he loves them. In fact, he's had the same ones on his MKV GTI, his MK6 GLI, and now his MK6 R

HybridSeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't you just add the TT upper rear spring perch to help even it out? Think they are only 8mm thicker then the factory ones though and are stiffer so they shouldn't compress as much. It might not be exactly as high as you want but might be worth giving a shot since they're cheap. http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-TT_MKII-FWD-2.0T/Suspension/Springs/ES448006/

Last edited:

DerSock

Ready to race!

HybridSeed

Passed Driver's Ed
No, you should be perfectly fine.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Not sure what the issue is, the rear fender to axle center (not ground - its a bit retarded measuring that way, or as in Boston, retaaaaded), is about 1/2" lower than front, that is factory rake. And how are you measuring? By what measure is rear lower? If you measure along the rocker panel, the car is still raked forward even though the fenders measure the opposite. Do not worry be happy. Stock on 07's and up is 14.5" front, 14" rear, little lower on Mk6's.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Kind of thread jack here, but it's something else dealing with uneven stuff that kind of bugs the shit out of me.

Any else notice the difference in height from one side of the car to other? In the front the drivers side tends to sit a little lower (about 1/4") and then in the back the rears are about 1/2" difference from side to side. Annoys the hell out of me, especially with my bags on and trying to even out ride height. Sway bars end up fucking me all up when I try to adjust it because both sides move even if I only adjust one...

DerSock

Ready to race!
Not sure what the issue is, the rear fender to axle center (not ground - its a bit retarded measuring that way, or as in Boston, retaaaaded), is about 1/2" lower than front, that is factory rake. And how are you measuring? By what measure is rear lower? If you measure along the rocker panel, the car is still raked forward even though the fenders measure the opposite. Do not worry be happy. Stock on 07's and up is 14.5" front, 14" rear, little lower on Mk6's.

I'm talking about fender to tire - so the rear looks like its sagging a little bit. I understand that it is probably supposed to sit like it does, but it annoys me. :mad0259:

Kind of thread jack here, but it's something else dealing with uneven stuff that kind of bugs the shit out of me.

Any else notice the difference in height from one side of the car to other? In the front the drivers side tends to sit a little lower (about 1/4") and then in the back the rears are about 1/2" difference from side to side. Annoys the hell out of me, especially with my bags on and trying to even out ride height. Sway bars end up fucking me all up when I try to adjust it because both sides move even if I only adjust one...

Actually I have noticed this as well both with the stock GTI suspension and koni/ss.