GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Muffler Delete

Brigand253

Ready to race!
I've been thinking about a turbo muffler delete to get a bit more sound out of my '06 GTI. I've read that these don't add much power, if any, but that's okay.

From what I've found, the options for a muffler delete are very limited for the BPY and most options (CTS, Neuspeed) require that you purchase a full turbo outlet pipe and that's really more than I wanted to spend.

I've been doing some digging and I came across this.

Some company called RKXTech apparently makes a muffler delete that is meant to be used with the K03 and stock piping. I've never heard of them before so that makes me nervous. Anyone heard of them? Amazon fulfills the order so I'm guessing the product is real. Thanks for any info you can provide.

DylanRWong

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
It looks like they have their own site. I can't say I've ever heard of them, but they seem to be pretty legit. I'm interested in this as well. If you decide to give it a go, could you post a review, or maybe a before after video?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Chinese stuff. I think they have a knockoff of the forge spacer and the gfb dv too. Its not a complex part im sure it works fine though.

Briggs253

Thanks for the replies guys. I may go for it just because the cost isn't too bad and as mentioned, it's a solid piece with no moving parts. It the tolerances are good it should work.