GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPMS light won’t go away!

Whitedemon

Ready to race!
So who changed the coding in the first place??

I did...yeah forgot to mention that bit.

When I installed my tires the first time I didn’t put the tpms sensors so I was trying to disable that using VAG-COM(thinking that would fix it) I changed the code to ABS based tire pressure monitoring on after reading some threads of people successfully doing this to get rid of the light but guess it didn’t work for me.
I had forgotten that I changed the code.:thanks:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Ok..... I thought may be the shop that installed the tires...... at least you save a trip to the dealer.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Nvm I think I got it!

So I went to ABS module and changed the code by adding 16384 to it (“Without ABS based tire pressure monitoring”) and now the light is gone!

So far I’ve been driving for a bit and light hasn’t come back on:happyanim:

I guess light was from it trying to read the indirect TPMS instead of direct...

I’d rather do it that wAy then deal with these pain in the ass /overpriced sensors.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I’d rather do it that wAy then deal with these pain in the ass /overpriced sensors.

Op system is now functioning with the direct Tpms and using the sensors as designed. To use the indirect system you need a 08.5 and up with MK60EC1 electronics.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
Op system is now functioning with the direct Tpms and using the sensors as designed. To use the indirect system you need a 08.5 and up with MK60EC1 electronics.

Just for the future (and I'm too lazy to go out and hook up my VagCom right now in the rain) - can one disable the TPMS warning functions with VCDS on a MKV 2009 GTI?

I replaced my sensors about 2 years ago with the last set of new tires, so don't expect any problems for awhile. But just in case, can that TPMS function be altered on a temporary basis to extinguish the warning message and/or Light? Is there one location for the MFI warning message, and another for the dash light - actually can't remember if I had both alerts in that car, or only one.

Whitedemon

Ready to race!

Yea mine is 08 so it has the old module, looks like the indirect tpms system only works with newer models..

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Just for the future (and I'm too lazy to go out and hook up my VagCom right now in the rain) - can one disable the TPMS warning functions with VCDS on a MKV 2009 GTI?

I replaced my sensors about 2 years ago with the last set of new tires, so don't expect any problems for awhile. But just in case, can that TPMS function be altered on a temporary basis to extinguish the warning message and/or Light? Is there one location for the MFI warning message, and another for the dash light - actually can't remember if I had both alerts in that car, or only one.

Yes it can be disabled in your 09 with Vcds. You will find the instructions here in the forum with a search, just make sure it for the indirect Tpms.