GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To R? or not to R32? is the question?

1VwDrvr

So i want a new R32. Is it worth the money, and should i put a deposit down or wait till they arrive. If i wait im affraid that i wont be able to get one, and if i put a deposit down i might not want to get it when it comes out. The dealership i went too to ask about it the sales person could not tell me anything about the car, i mean hello i am at the car dealership moron, know your job and sell me a car like a car saleman. I was hopeing that the new r would come with the race style recaro seats as the euro spec one has, but i dont think it will, and that made me sad because those seats are awesome. Now the hard question is which color if i decide. My friends are pushing me towards the blue if i get one and i like the untied gray. The blue one is my favorite color but it stands out like a sore thumb, i want an r but also dont want to be noticed if you know what i mean (cops, and hoodlums). so which color do i get? The grey is incognito, which is what i want to be but the blue is so nice. Help me out do i get one preordered or do i wait and if so what color, blue or united grey.

deutchLand

Passed Driver's Ed
15gs more for r32 i dont think so. Cant make a jackass out of me

40gs hmm not worth it. 5gs more than mk4 r32. No upgrades to the mk4 other than dsg. Also 250hp I think this was is going to be a horrable release for VW. I say 40gs for 300hp like the sti. I rather keep my mk5 and work on that. I guess if you want 4motion knock yourself but u are getting screwed (a new asshole) by vw on this one.

Last edited:

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
and also the german seats arent that much better than ours either i sat in one going around nurgurg ring its almost the exact same seat´just a little more bucket but not too much.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
I think they should have put the 3.6l 280hp in the new .:R... Anyway, I think you'll still get an .:R experience if you go for it! Blue or Gray, you'll still get noticed by us dubs :laugh: . The sound it makes already puts you apart from every one else anyway.

Plus, you get advantages at the race tracks on events!:clap:
Good luck.:respekt:

BoredRobot

Likes Electric Sheep
It sounds like you are leaning towards getting the car. I say get whatever color makes you happiest. You're in DC so you've got a ton of dealerships to choose from if you are willing to shop around and travel. You should be able to get one when they are finally at dealers.

I just went for the GTI b/c the R didn't seem like much more than a larger engine and a haldex system. The AWD would be nice but I don't care about the 6; The sound is nice but I just couldn't see what I was getting for the extra scratch. I'm new to the Dub scene so maybe I don't get it, but I would rather take the a3 and it's station wagon looks for that much loot instead of the R with no Recaros, no Manual, and only 2 doors. The Euros got the better deal on this one.

peace

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
id def put a deposit on it if your wanting one, b/c theyll prolly all be gone fairly quick, unless u have a crazy high volume dealer near you that say gets 5 or so...

but yeah its ALOT of money, and ALOT more to mod and get considerable gains than the gti...i mean 5,000-10,000 to charge it and gain 50-150 hp...thats alot of cash...

and the mpg...of the v6 i would guess its not as good as the 2.0t...but if the awd does it for u do it...and its cool to be 1 of 5,000 but...idk...if you have 35k to drop...get a gti...big turbo...and all the bolt ons and go kick the r's ass