GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To many chips/software to choose from.

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
From what i was told you cant custom tune the apr reflash.So what you get is what you get.I think that sucks.And forgetting what to do with your stick and a couple beeps here and chirps there yadayada.What is apr trying to do confuse the person that owns the car?Revo has the controller and it is so user friendly.Easy to understand and all that.I learned alot today so any questions hit me up.Peace

Ironhorz

Autocross Champion
MKV6SPD said:
From what i was told you cant custom tune the apr reflash.So what you get is what you get.I think that sucks.And forgetting what to do with your stick and a couple beeps here and chirps there yadayada.What is apr trying to do confuse the person that owns the car?Revo has the controller and it is so user friendly.Easy to understand and all that.I learned alot today so any questions hit me up.Peace

If you don't mind me asking what was your total price out the door and what exactly did you get with your purchase??

I just did some reading on REVO, GIAC and the APR sites and I'm really liking the APR so far. :thumbsup:

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
$399.20 out the door.With a custom tune with +7 timing and +3 boost.The rep said that it was optimal for this area,sea level,and the winter.And with the controller you can totally disable the car from starting even with the key in the ignition.All that is included when you buy a sps controller.So no need to buy a vehicle immobilizer when you go on trips and leave your car at home.The rep said that even if someone steals the car and changes the computer it still wont work if you set it.You can change settings and all that jumbo.3 different settings you can custom tune and run and switch with one hand held device.I know everything he told the shop people because i was there learning just like the techs.I got alot of good info today

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
by the sounds of it, i might be going with a revo!

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
My local dealer quoted me $425. Where is the shop in VA Beach? Name/website? Did you get a dyno tune for that?

baat06

Drag Racing Champion
MKV6SPD said:
$399.20 out the door.With a custom tune with +7 timing and +3 boost.The rep said that it was optimal for this area,sea level,and the winter.And with the controller you can totally disable the car from starting even with the key in the ignition.All that is included when you buy a sps controller.So no need to buy a vehicle immobilizer when you go on trips and leave your car at home.The rep said that even if someone steals the car and changes the computer it still wont work if you set it.You can change settings and all that jumbo.3 different settings you can custom tune and run and switch with one hand held device.I know everything he told the shop people because i was there learning just like the techs.I got alot of good info today

That's a sweet deal -- I've been thinkin' about O.CT as it's the closest dealer to Rochester (nearest revo/giac/apr is HUNDREDS of miles away; so lame). Price is usually around $600 from what I've heard.

Ironhorz

Autocross Champion
griss1310 mentioned going with the APR software if I was going to go with the APR exhaust.

Is it usually better to stick with the same brand for optimal gains or would I more than likely have the same outcome for power when mixing companies with the level of performance all the software offers?

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Ironhorz said:
griss1310 mentioned going with the APR software if I was going to go with the APR exhaust.

Is it usually better to stick with the same brand for optimal gains or would I more than likely have the same outcome for power when mixing companies with the level of performance all the software offers?

i can't imagine you would have a problem with an apr tb or cb with say giac or revo software. just my 2 cents.

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Wantagti said:
My local dealer quoted me $425. Where is the shop in VA Beach? Name/website? Did you get a dyno tune for that?

Hello.The name of the place is eurosport.They are across from a place called dyno inc.Dyno inc has the first awd dyno in the hampton roads area.I will get a dyno from a dynojet soon.I want to put some miles on the revo before a dyno run.

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Bad hare said:
i can't imagine you would have a problem with an apr tb or cb with say giac or revo software. just my 2 cents.

Oh yea and with revo atleast you can tune the timing and boost with an aftermarket exhaust.Apr is just a flash and go.Fu&k that.It is good to be able to tune after new mods and do it yourself

monsterGTI

Ready to race!
baat06 said:
That's a sweet deal -- I've been thinkin' about O.CT as it's the closest dealer to Rochester (nearest revo/giac/apr is HUNDREDS of miles away; so lame). Price is usually around $600 from what I've heard.

hey man, i am from buffalo ny.
autohaus VW in orchard park, ny just got APR.
i think they said $595 for the re-flash. i gotta go back and ask some more questions though. that's where i bought my car from, so if they do the flash, i wouldn't have to worry about "dealer concerns" right?

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Yes you would be in worry.You have to spend another 150 to be able to hide the program from the dealer.So it would be around 750 before taxes to be safe