GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ticking noise?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
They can't get me in till Monday. Think I will still stop by Friday and talk to the tech. If this is seriouse I really don't want to drive it.

ksyushaxian

Passed Driver's Ed
same tick as locust

I am going in tonight to the dealer, will post here what happens.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
My problem was the fuel lines are hitting each other do to vibration. It is common I guess and they orderd the part. Its a gromet/spacer for the fuel lines and the part should be in by the end of the week. So if you are having this noise go get your car checked while they can get the part. Also, if you are buying a new GTI have then fix it before you take delivery.

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
i would say it would be the flywheel but if its not consistent then i dunno what to tell you. I have a mini S and it does it all the time but thats b/c of the flywheel spinning when the clutch isnt ingaged

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
frank2287 said:
i would say it would be the flywheel but if its not consistent then i dunno what to tell you. I have a mini S and it does it all the time but thats b/c of the flywheel spinning when the clutch isnt ingaged
What are you talking about? They diagnosed my problem as the fuel lines not being secure. I just don't understand if you are talking about my issue......

ksyushaxian

Passed Driver's Ed
loccusst is right, that seems to be the consensus anyway....not the issue you had with the Coop, just a "glitch" as they say....

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Got the car fixed today finaly. Sounds great now. The gromet/spacer thing took them a while to fix.