GOLFMKV

Thoughts on this CPO GLI...

kyle

Go Kart Champion

penpal

Srs Bzns
Car(s)
07 GTI , 12 R, 18 R
Won't comment on the price. The car looks well cared for, but I'd ask for the maintenance history and make sure all the TSB has been done. When I bought my pre-owned the dealer replaced everything that was wore below 50% (ie pads, tires) so ask for that as well. Also on top of the CPO you'd still have the original warranty.

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
looks like a very clean car.
the price aint bad its loaded and low miles.

also is it just me or does it look like it has no DSG paddles on the wheel?

Bodhi

Go Kart Champion
Hrmm...

I think the price is a bit steep, considering the mileage and FSI, not TSI.

I got my car for 17K, it only had 14K miles on it, 6MT, not dsg, CPO, warranty good until 60K miles or FEB 2015.

And that wheel doesn't have paddle shifters, which is very odd.

The plus side of the GLI over the wolfsburg is the lights. I wish I had fog lights and HIDs. That and the steering wheel. Other than that, I love my wolfsburg. I have heated seats, leather, which is perforated, I prefer that. I also have a sunroof and the 6MT, which I searched long and hard for, as the wolfsburg DSG doesn't have paddle shifters.

Also, if it's a CPO, I'm pretty sure they're required by law, in CA anyways, to change out the tires and brakes. It's a safety thing, they can't back a car with a warranty and call it "certified" if it needs new tires next month.

Look long and hard man, if you want a GLI over the wolfsburg, like I said, the only real differences are the steering wheel, headlights, and fog lights. Everything else is pretty much the same car.

But I think the wolfsburg only came with the 2.0T in a couple of different years, not all of them, correct me if i'm wrong, though.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Thanks everyone. I drove the car yesterday, and it does have the paddles. I was quite impressed with how tight the car felt. In fact, it felt tighter than a couple '10 wolfies I drove last week with 25k and 33k, respectively. Compared to other comparable GLIs that I have found, the price is good; however, I'm going to try to get them down another $500-$700 today.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
I bought the car yesterday. I got them down to $15,500.00. I'm real happy with the car and am already looking for wheels. Will likely head to HS Tuning to go Stage 1 in the next few weeks. I'm glad to be back in the MkV family.:thumbsup: