GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

18 fully vaccinated residents got infected, with 1 hospitalized and dying, out of 75.

So, a 24% infection rate, and 1.3% hospitalization and death rate.

Damn, you're right. That actually is pretty bad.

Surely, the unvaccinated people farred better?

Meanwhile, six of the facility's eight unvaccinated residents were infected. Four were hospitalized, and two died.

Oh. 75% infection rate, 50% hospitalization rate, and 25% death rate.

Thanks for providing my point that the vaccine works and saves lives.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
18 fully vaccinated residents got infected, with 1 hospitalized and dying, out of 75.

So, a 24% infection rate, and 1.3% hospitalization and death rate.

Damn, you're right. That actually is pretty bad.

Surely, the unvaccinated people farred better?

Oh. 75% infection rate, 50% hospitalization rate, and 25% death rate.

Thanks for providing my point that the vaccine works and saves lives.

I never said they didn't work, so that wasn't my argument. However, it paints an entirely different picture from your OP of someone vaccinated getting through unscathed while those unvaccinated FAIRED worse.

Clearly the virus can still spread to and among vaccinated people (at an alarming rate), which is a concern in itself given the fact the country is now relaxing safety measures. IMO, mask and social distancing was eased too soon based on what we're seeing.

Further, a 1.3% death rate among vaccinated is not far off from the mortality rate of the virus at 2%.

I think it's too early to say at-risk groups are safe, even when vaccinated.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I never said they didn't work, so that wasn't my argument. However, it paints an entirely different picture from your OP of someone vaccinated getting through unscathed while those unvaccinated FAIRED worse.

Clearly the virus can still spread to and among vaccinated people (at an alarming rate), which is a concern in itself given the fact the country is now relaxing safety measures. IMO, mask and social distancing was eased too soon based on what we're seeing.

Further, a 1.3% death rate among vaccinated is not far off from the mortality rate of the virus at 2%.

I think it's too early to say at-risk groups are safe, even when vaccinated.
I call BS on the highlighted, unless you're talking about vaccines not give emergency approval by the FDA.

Where are you getting 1.3% from? Are you extrapolating elderly people with compromised immune systems to the general population? Because that's what it sounds like.

And if the infection rate is half and the death rate is .7% lower, that would be significant, even if you were disingenuously extrapolating elderly people to represent the US population.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I call BS on the highlighted, unless you're talking about vaccines not give emergency approval by the FDA.

Where are you getting 1.3% from? Are you extrapolating elderly people with compromised immune systems to the general population? Because that's what it sounds like.

And if the infection rate is half and the death rate is .7% lower, that would be significant, even if you were disingenuously extrapolating elderly people to represent the US population.

The 1.3% was from my post about this specific outbreak at the nursing home. 75 vaccinated residents, 1 died from Covid. 1.3% of the vaccinated residents died.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The 1.3% was from my post about this specific outbreak at the nursing home. 75 vaccinated residents, 1 died from Covid. 1.3% of the vaccinated residents died.

Again, elderly people's immune systems, in general, decline with age. It's why they had a higher mortality rate from the virus pre vaccine. It's disingenuous.

Because they have a weaker immune response to the vaccine, that's why it's important that the rest of the population get vaccinated.

It's crazy that people can't figure out basic concepts like that.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Again, elderly people's immune systems, in general, decline with age. It's why they had a higher mortality rate from the virus pre vaccine. It's disingenuous.

Because they have a weaker immune response to the vaccine, that's why it's important that the rest of the population get vaccinated.

It's crazy that people can't figure out basic concepts like that.

I agree.

I was mostly just using it to point out that in the nursing home, the population of vaccinated elderly still did far better than the population of unvaccinated elderly.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Acadia and gtifan be like:
5e6gom.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...States Descending In Fascim - All Because Of Fake Pandemic​

Again… I think you mean FASCISM. Maybe he should try copy and pasting.
I wrote it quickly on my way out the door. Maybe you should try critical thinking.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Of the 18 vaccinated residents the vaccine itself must have killed that 1 old person.

Of course they listed as a virus death.

Another coincidence!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No, I got what Arcadia was saying, I was expounding on why unreal dudes argument was disingenuous AND still proved Arcadia's point.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I wrote it quickly on my way out the door. Maybe you should try critical thinking.

Mr. spelling and grammar Nazi trying to deflect from his own mistakes.

Go on. Was the sun in your eyes too?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Get him while he's down! 😂

The balls of zrickety making an excuse. Like the rest of us aren't busy and doing other things.

I don't comment on people's grammar and spelling, because it's a car forum, we're mostly trying to type on our phones, and we're mostly posting while doing other things, like working.

But that mother fucker never misses an opportunity to try to deflect from his daily intellectual beat downs, by people that are vastly smarter than he is, with spelling and grammar.

Zrickety making excuses for grammar and spelling errors is peak scandemic.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
I agree.

I was mostly just using it to point out that in the nursing home, the population of vaccinated elderly still did far better than the population of unvaccinated elderly.

1 death vs 2 isn't what I would consider far better, but there's no point in getting into semantics. The point is, at risk groups, while they will fair better (I thought that was obvious but apparently it has to be pointed out here), still are not in the clear even when vaccinated. The story you posted painted a misleading picture, that's all.