GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Seems to ring true for supporters and haters. No shortage of people out there unwilling to admit when a policy was successful because Trump signed it.

Politics make people insane. I can't stand the bronze age mindset it gives everyone in terms of drawing lines in the sand and arguing their party's purity to the death.
Most people think finishing high school is an achievement. Can't expect much on an intellectual level from them.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Experts don't recommend mixing the vaccine shot. It won't be as effective.

https://faqs.in.gov/hc/en-us/articl...-and-the-Moderna-vaccine-for-the-second-shot-
If it kills you, they call that very effective.
1624059838817.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
1624067268136.png

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If I can put on my conspiracy theory hat for a moment...

Alternately, this guy, who is in tight with and a donor to prominent Republicans, purposely underbid the job and the people in charge deliberately selected him knowing this, so they could get him the contract, then pay him an exorbitant sum after the fact. I strongly believe this audit is equal parts political theater and grift. It's a kick back to one of their political supporters.
Wouldnt surprise me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The literal definition is: someone who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.

What you're describing is being someone's ally or supporter.

If that person were to then go on to espouse radical ideas while you continue to support them, you have then become an apologist.

From the inside looking out being an apologist seems noble, you're defending your pal or an idea. In reverse though, an apologist has lost sight of who or what they are defending. Instead they just act blindly, defending even the most inane or obviously false statements.
I don't defend obviously wrong statements. I only defend things that I believe also or to try and explain what a person meant when someone's post against that person didn't understand what the person I'm speaking for was misunderstood IMO. Also I've never defended anyone because I like them.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Let me guess, Trump is one of the few that isn't dirty in your mind?
Here's a good example of me being called an apologist. It was pure conjecture on your part to assume Zrick was talking about Trump. If you would have asked Zrick if he meant Trump I wouldn't say anything. I don't like seeing people accuse someone of something they did not say.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Here's a good example of me being called an apologist. It was pure conjecture on your part to assume Zrick was talking about Trump. If you would have asked Zrick if he meant Trump I wouldn't say anything. I don't like seeing people accuse someone of something they did not say.

Zrickety has openly supported Trump the entire thread, so not really conjecture or an accusation.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I agree he probably included Trump as one of the politicians but he didn't say Trump and that is why I ask a question instead of an accusation.

He literally supports overthrowing the government to install Trump. Of course that's who he meant.