GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Did he banned

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
My wife made a point of telling me that 'Omicron is widespread here' and we have the highest cases in the state.
I said, 'Thanks for the tip.' She knows it doesn't change a damn thing for me.
I'm with you, makes no difference to me. Living is not being in a state of perpetual fear and anxiety.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I am noticing a trend within folks in my small social circle. I would call it buyers remorse. Some who I figured would never question the narrative are starting to wise up. I think getting sick immediately after the 1st or 2nd booster shot may have something to do with it, at least for some.

And mind you, I do not consider getting sick from the COVID shot a bad adverse reaction. Partial paralysis, seizures, blood clots or myocarditis would be examples of bad adverse reactions, at least in my book.

KMcigam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
LOLOLOL it's mRNA therapy that's never been approved until COVID. They literally changed the definition of 'vaccine' to include this nonsense.
If you receive the faux 'vaccines,' I guess technically you are 'vaccinated.' But it doesn't mean you're immune, contrary to what Fauci and Brandon said a few months ago.
The definition does not state total 100% immunity in order for the definition to apply. That's being rather pedantic, don't you think? If you don't think the vaccine is effective, then why are most of the people dying in the hospital of COVID unvaccinated?

npace

Autocross Champion
Of course it's the business. The government is not an independent entity and acts in the interest of big business. The paycheck extortion by the government is used to finance wars that businesses profit from. Moreover, the gubment created the social security extortion scheme to take from the worker, not from the business.
Lots of companies offer matching 401k's, wherein companies take money they are actually due for the labor provided and use for their own market transactions. Yes, participation is voluntary, but super encouraged. Business will never encourage workers to do something that will hurt the business.
Highlighted in bold is my point. I don't think more government is the answer.

npace

Autocross Champion
Think you may have meant de rigueur, but I don't see it the same way. I think many anti-vaxxers have overstated this so much that it has seeped into the mainstream thinking. If anything, COVID related deaths have been undercounted, esp at the beginning of the pandemic. Also, COVID is known to cause significant blood clots. Many of these post-infection blood clots may not show up as problems until many, many years down the road. If somebody infected, today, develops a blood clot that dislodges into their heart or brain a decade later. Will they know it was from COVID, esp if the person is over let's say 60 yrs old?
Except the problem is that those in power are now changing language. I am vaccinated. I do not believe that people should be forced to get a vaccine or threatened with their livelihood to coerce it. Now, somehow, that makes me an anti-vaxxer. Shit like this is the problem, it makes the "scientific community" and the political establishment less trustworthy, and they don't understand why. If the vaccine was so good and there were no problems with it, then why do people need to be forced to take it? It's "safe and effective".... so effective in fact that you need a booster 3-6 months after, and we're changing definitions, again, for "fully vaccinated".

You want me to believe that it's effective, but also believe that I just need to keep getting boosters because it isn't effective. You keep talking about "common sense" but you should probably address some of these problems if you're going to jump in and lecture people.

Lastly, the part in bold.... how can you possibly know that, since nobody has recovered from COVID and lived "many, many years down the road"? It's a two year old virus. But yeah, you're right because science. :rolleyes:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
even backwards magic mike should know that

KMcigam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Except the problem is that those in power are now changing language. I am vaccinated. I do not believe that people should be forced to get a vaccine or threatened with their livelihood to coerce it. Now, somehow, that makes me an anti-vaxxer. Shit like this is the problem, it makes the "scientific community" and the political establishment less trustworthy, and they don't understand why. If the vaccine was so good and there were no problems with it, then why do people need to be forced to take it? It's "safe and effective".... so effective in fact that you need a booster 3-6 months after, and we're changing definitions, again, for "fully vaccinated".

You want me to believe that it's effective, but also believe that I just need to keep getting boosters because it isn't effective. You keep talking about "common sense" but you should probably address some of these problems if you're going to jump in and lecture people.

Lastly, the part in bold.... how can you possibly know that, since nobody has recovered from COVID and lived "many, many years down the road"? It's a two year old virus. But yeah, you're right because science. :rolleyes:
I'll answer the first part, last. Medical evidence has shown that COVID causes blood clots. We all know that blood clots can lead to strokes and heart attacks if they become dislodged. We have a lot of people in the anti-vax crowd that are claiming that if you just get COVID and live, it's NBD. There are long haul symptoms that cause concern and there are blood clots that cause concern. Simply recovering from COVID, esp if recovering after a serious infection that required hospitalization, may have other complications that will only show up many years later.

The answer to your first question is simply, Public Health. Allowing a large percentage of the population to stay unvaccinated will only allow the disease to propagate and mutate. Mutation in COVID are what lead to Delta and now Omicron. Continuing to make it easy on the unvaccinated to stay unvaccinated will only help to lead to more mutations. Who knows what the next mutation will be. Generally, viruses become less deadly over time and mutation, but there's no guarantee that the next variant won't be more contagious and also more deadly.

npace

Autocross Champion
I'll answer the first part, last. Medical evidence has shown that COVID causes blood clots. We all know that blood clots can lead to strokes and heart attacks if they become dislodged. We have a lot of people in the anti-vax crowd that are claiming that if you just get COVID and live, it's NBD. There are long haul symptoms that cause concern and there are blood clots that cause concern. Simply recovering from COVID, esp if recovering after a serious infection that required hospitalization, may have other complications that will only show up many years later.

The answer to your first question is simply, Public Health. Allowing a large percentage of the population to stay unvaccinated will only allow the disease to propagate and mutate. Mutation in COVID are what lead to Delta and now Omicron. Continuing to make it easy on the unvaccinated to stay unvaccinated will only help to lead to more mutations. Who knows what the next mutation will be. Generally, viruses become less deadly over time and mutation, but there's no guarantee that the next variant won't be more contagious and also more deadly.
But you actually didn't answer the questions, at all. Correlation and causation are not the same thing. Again, neither you, or anybody else, can claim to know what long term effects are from having covid, since nobody had covid more than two years ago.

Second, we aren't trying to force or coerce people with any other vaccine. MMR, smallpox (which isn't even given anymore in the US), meningitis, etc, are all provided but not mandated. The flu kills thousands of people a year, upwards of hundreds of thousands, it mutates just like covid, and is more likely to kill the elderly, just like covid. That doesn't mean we should threaten people into getting the vaccine. We've never done it in the past and now, all of a sudden, we want to do it for a virus that has a 98% plus survival rate.

If we're going to force people to do things for "public health" let's start talking about food additives and packaging that are actually linked to long-term health effects, like cancer and Alzheimer's. Or just getting high concentrations of refined sugars out of everything, which causes diabetes. This is all hypocritical bullshit, and the more a person looks at it objectively, the more it looks like a manufactured crisis. Yes the virus is real, but that doesn't mean that governments won't take the opportunity to use it to seize more power.