GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
So today, as a Canadian, I can travel to Buffalo without providing a vax pass or a negative test at the land border. Fly to anywhere in the world, have a vacation without any issues. As soon as I drive back to Canada, I need a vax pass and a negative PCR test.....

yay for planning a honeymoon

npace

Autocross Champion
Except Biden has been in office for more than 1 yr, that's why he stated 2 yrs, clearly. If he wanted to suggest Trump, then he'd have gone back at least 6 yrs, which he did not. Obama spent a lot as well, sure. It's disingenuous to just cite Democratic Admins, though, as Republican Admins have been responsible for a greater percentage of deficit spending than Democratic Admins.
You do realize you're arguing in circles, right? First it's "Trump was just as responsible" and now it's "he didn't pass around enough of the blame". Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

VoodooDoll

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
You do realize you're arguing in circles, right? First it's "Trump was just as responsible" and now it's "he didn't pass around enough of the blame". Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?
Didn't pass around enough of the blame? I never argued that. Here, let me break it down for you. Republicans cut taxes, but do not cut spending. They talk about cutting spending, but don't. They just lie about it better, and then blame Democrats for overspending when Democrats are in office. It's disingenuous, but typical Republican politics. Repeating the lie, is just being ignorant of reality. We spend a lot in the United States. Taxes, as a whole, are actually too low for what we spend. Conservatives argue that we need to spend less, but rarely come up with programs they will cut to save money, as they want to win the next election.

Reactions: WAP

npace

Autocross Champion
Didn't pass around enough of the blame? I never argued that. Here, let me break it down for you. Republicans cut taxes, but do not cut spending. They talk about cutting spending, but don't. They just lie about it better, and then blame Democrats for overspending when Democrats are in office. It's disingenuous, but typical Republican politics. Repeating the lie, is just being ignorant of reality. We spend a lot in the United States. Taxes, as a whole, are actually too low for what we spend. Conservatives argue that we need to spend less, but rarely come up with programs they will cut to save money, as they want to win the next election.
If that wasn't your argument, then what are you arguing with this post?

Except Biden has been in office for more than 1 yr, that's why he stated 2 yrs, clearly. If he wanted to suggest Trump, then he'd have gone back at least 6 yrs, which he did not. Obama spent a lot as well, sure. It's disingenuous to just cite Democratic Admins, though, as Republican Admins have been responsible for a greater percentage of deficit spending than Democratic Admins.
You're being argumentative about the time period, when clearly both are responsible. What's more, is that you think that one party is somehow better than the other because it wants to increase taxes more. They both suck, and people who believe in the illusion of choice they have at the ballot box are either blind, stupid, or both. Which category do you and WAP fit in?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
You act like the previous administration was saving money for a rainy day or something. The Republican Party has almost zero economic discipline. The Trump Admin spent like drunken sailors at happy hour.
You've posted some incredibly moronic crap in this thread, but this one may take the cake. Trashing the Republicans for spending at this moment is pure hilarity. How could anyone possibly take anything you say seriously? Wake the fuck up.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You act like the previous administration was saving money for a rainy day or something. The Republican Party has almost zero economic discipline. The Trump Admin spent like drunken sailors at happy hour. Also, inflation is world wide, not just America. The govt stimulus payments did help ignite inflation in the US, but those payments and deficit spending helped keep the economy on track. Your type of backwards economic thinking is what helped lead to the Great Depression.
Oh yeah, it's his backwards thinking that's to blame, not the uncontrolled nature of the market economy, fake stocks, bubbles, etc. Get 'im, boy!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Fine, in other news -

China lying, again, about their COVID deaths.

Dozens of elderly patients at a hospital in Shanghai have died after contracting Covid-19, but official government figures claim no deaths in the city have been caused by the disease since 2020.
The BBC has spoken to a hospital manager and had access to correspondence sent to relatives of patients who've died during the Omicron outbreak that is sweeping through China's biggest city.
We've also had access to official documents that suggest at least 27 patients from a single hospital, who weren't vaccinated, have died from what it called "underlying health problems".
Why do you care about China's internal affairs so much? A friend is asking.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Why do you care about China's internal affairs so much? A friend is asking.
Sounds kinda conspiratorial if you ask me…

Unreal1

Autocross Champion

We live in a country where party bias trumps personal values. If anyone really has values at all. I said it in my first post in this thread, Trump was the most liberal republican we've seen yet somehow has managed to generate cult-like support from people who consider their selves staunch conservatives. Trump, while in office, said verbatim he wants to take guns first and go through due process second. If Obama had said something that outlandish conservatives would have stormed more than just the capitol. Yet, with Trump, it doesn't even warrant push-back from these so-called conservatives. How can anyone consider their selves pro-2A while turning a blind eye to that?

Trump then began to back up his words by supporting red-flag laws and other anti-gun legislation. Pre-pandemic his spending was worse than even Obama's, yet the only republican with the backbone to speak out against this was Rand Paul. However, if you were to suggest that Paul would be a good candidate for president "conservatives" would look at you like you're crazy. They don't respect people who place country over party. You're supposed to support your party even when they're going against values at the heart of conservative ideology.

I consider Trump supporters Republican in culture only. They're all-in on the cultural aspects, but don't care about anything else. The proof of that is in their actions and inactions.

npace

Autocross Champion
We live in a country where party bias trumps personal values. If anyone really has values at all. I said it in my first post in this thread, Trump was the most liberal republican we've seen yet somehow has managed to generate cult-like support from people who consider their selves staunch conservatives. Trump, while in office, said verbatim he wants to take guns first and go through due process second. If Obama had said something that outlandish conservatives would have stormed more than just the capitol. Yet, with Trump, it doesn't even warrant push-back from these so-called conservatives. How can anyone consider their selves pro-2A while turning a blind eye to that?

Trump then began to back up his words by supporting red-flag laws and other anti-gun legislation. Pre-pandemic his spending was worse than even Obama's, yet the only republican with the backbone to speak out against this was Rand Paul. However, if you were to suggest that Paul would be a good candidate for president "conservatives" would look at you like you're crazy. They don't respect people who place country over party. You're supposed to support your party even when they're going against values at the heart of conservative ideology.

I consider Trump supporters Republican in culture only. They're all-in on the cultural aspects, but don't care about anything else. The proof of that is in their actions and inactions.
100%. I don't typically support political campaigns, but I did buy a "The NSA knows I bought this Rand Paul T-shirt" shirt (back in 2016), because it's both the funniest and saddest thing to come out of a political campaign in my lifetime.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
You act like the previous administration was saving money for a rainy day or something. The Republican Party has almost zero economic discipline. The Trump Admin spent like drunken sailors at happy hour. Also, inflation is world wide, not just America. The govt stimulus payments did help ignite inflation in the US, but those payments and deficit spending helped keep the economy on track. Your type of backwards economic thinking is what helped lead to the Great Depression.
True, but it was the beginning of the pandemic and they shut down the economy. I didn't like Menuchin talking about "liquidity" every day, being so willing to print more money. Not good. But at least we had a pre-pandemic record setting economy, low unemployment, low inflation, middle-income financial growth, energy independence, stock markey valuation, and were on track to close the deficit.

We have almost the polar opposite now. The only thing holding this economy together for now is the government printing money and strong corporate earnings. The consumer sector, the biggest piece of the economy, is not doing well, and is about to jump off a cliff.

Go ahead and keep drinking the Biden Kool-Aid. 69% of the country has had enough.