GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

cb1111

It's that easy for me. They never did that in AZ. Was the Maryland thing opt in?
Yep, Maryland was opt-in and it basically just throttled the outside units. I doubt that TX just does that with your run-of-the-mill smart thermostats. I'd think that they probably gave you their controller or ask to connect to yours.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yep, Maryland was opt-in and it basically just throttled the outside units. I doubt that TX just does that with your run-of-the-mill smart thermostats. I'd think that they probably gave you their controller or ask to connect to yours.
Read the link I posted. That's not how Texas is doing it.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I am not in Texas, but I have an ecobee and during the set-up, there's a section where it identifies your local utility and asks you about opting into remote control for cost savings (which I declined). It's a standard mass-market thermostat and definitely has that functionality. Also worth noting that this was not some fine print sneaky thing, it was very plain language along the lines of "would you like to allow your local utility to remotely change your temperature settings during periods of peak demand in exchange for reduced energy prices?"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

Are Covid Vaccines Riskier Than Advertised?​

There are concerning trends on blood clots and low platelets, not that the authorities will tell you.​

https://www.wsj.com/articles/are-covid-vaccines-riskier-than-advertised-11624381749
1624461638520.png

cb1111

I am not in Texas, but I have an ecobee and during the set-up, there's a section where it identifies your local utility and asks you about opting into remote control for cost savings (which I declined). It's a standard mass-market thermostat and definitely has that functionality. Also worth noting that this was not some fine print sneaky thing, it was very plain language along the lines of "would you like to allow your local utility to remotely change your temperature settings in periods of peak demand in exchange for reduced energy prices?"
Sounds like people knew what they were signing up for - and matches the closing in my post "or ask to connect to yours".

The problem is that people only read the "you can get a cheaper price" but overlook the unintended consequences. I have my thermostat set to 76/77 with my bedroom going down to 74/75 around the time I go to bed, then back to that 77. I'm quite comfy and don't need anybody to tell me where my temps should be.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mine is 73 in the summer. Doesn't move.

75 in the cold month.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Sounds like people knew what they were signing up for - and matches the closing in my post "or ask to connect to yours".

The problem is that people only read the "you can get a cheaper price" but overlook the unintended consequences. I have my thermostat set to 76/77 with my bedroom going down to 74/75 around the time I go to bed, then back to that 77. I'm quite comfy and don't need anybody to tell me where my temps should be.

Mine is 73 in the summer. Doesn't move.

75 in the cold month.
This is making me think you guys were lizards before the vaccine with these high temperatures 😉

73-75 is fine during the day in the summer, but I like it cold when I sleep. The winter time is when I do my part for the planet; keep it at 65 during the day, 60 when I sleep. And those are the wife adjusted numbers, I used to set my heat even lower when I lived by myself. I would have $30 heating bills in the dead of winter.