GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Three cheeseburger a week seems like a lot o_O . I'll get a burger maybe three times a month.

As for guns...its way more than 270 million now. Last number I remember seeing is some 400 million. Thats is the number of registered guns...who knows how many more are out there that are not registered.

Just think, for 3 to be the average, many people have to be eating more than 3 😂 😂

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I have never understood the ChEeSEbUrgEr iS MoRe dAnGerOus tHeN mUh GuN argument.

I’ve never had anyone try and kill me with a burger, and if they tried I’d just laugh.

Reactions: WAP

cb1111

Well yes. It's a game that only really benefits those with more.

401ks should be if they're with a decent company as a 401k is a spread rather than a direct investment. Somewhat like owning ETF shares.

Honestly anyone who has a company match and isn't at least investing the minimum for that is leaving money on the table.

The idea though is your money not losing out to inflation and low savings returns.
Yep. If a company does a match it is like getting a raise. If you do the max then you can get quite a nice chunk of change together.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Well yes. It's a game that only really benefits those with more.

401ks should be if they're with a decent company as a 401k is a spread rather than a direct investment. Somewhat like owning ETF shares.

Honestly anyone who has a company match and isn't at least investing the minimum for that is leaving money on the table.

The idea though is your money not losing out to inflation and low savings returns.

Had a 37% return on my retirement fund last year. Made some very strategic moves when the market shit and lucked out.

cb1111

I have never understood the ChEeSEbUrgEr iS MoRe dAnGerOus tHeN mUh GuN argument.

I’ve never had anyone try and kill me with a burger, and if they tried I’d just laugh.
That and the fact that obesity (barring a medical condition) is a self inflicted wound.

There are economic reasons for obesity (junk food is cheaper) that affects different segments of the population differently and lack of access to proper medical care can make it worse, but it is something that people can control.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Numbers work any way you want them to work. For example your last statement is a matter of opinion because it's based on selecting a specific criterion that would make guns appear to be deadlier than cheeseburgers (I prefer bigmacs). Ultimately what are you concerned with: the TOTAL number of Americans dying from guns vs. cheeseburgers or the number of Americans killed per 1 gun/cheeseburger?
I am more of a double quarter pounder guy, but I respect your choice.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

It's like the mask argument...OMGERD, people need to do this or they will die. So fat people won't stop eating, are we going to stop them?
'It's for their own good.'
BUT THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS, IS IT??

You can tell people to live healthy, doesn't mean they'll do it. Nothing about the 'pandemic' has been healthy. When the real numbers are crunched, and we see the carnage lockdowns caused, this past year will be a cautionary tale of WHAT NOT TO DO.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That and the fact that obesity (barring a medical condition) is a self inflicted wound.

There are economic reasons for obesity (junk food is cheaper) that affects different segments of the population differently and lack of access to proper medical care can make it worse, but it is something that people can control.
Medical errors are one of the TOP causes of death. Estimated 500k per year. 'Proper' medical care is a fallacy, and fantasy.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Look at our resident medical 'expert,' Gretafan99.
You really going to put your life in the hands of that asshole??

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Had a 37% return on my retirement fund last year. Made some very strategic moves when the market shit and lucked out.
Does that mean more trolling the Whole Foods parking lots and verbally assaulting strangers?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Medical errors are one of the TOP causes of death. Estimated 500k per year. 'Proper' medical care is a fallacy, and fantasy.
Tell you wife to stop killing people then.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I know there's not point trying to argue, but...

https://mcdreeamiemusings.com/blog/...-really-the-third-most-common-cause-of-death#

"A study published earlier this year (which received much less fanfare it has to be said) explored the impact of error on patient mortality. They studied the impact of all adverse events (medical and otherwise) on mortality rates in the US between 1990 and 2016. They found that the number of deaths in that whole 26 year period due to adverse events was 123,603. That’s 4754 deaths a year. Roughly one hundredth the figure banded around following Makary and Daniel (2016). Based on 2,813,503 total deaths in the US every year that makes adverse events responsible for 0.17% of deaths in the US. Not a third. 0.17%."

cb1111

I know there's not point trying to argue, but...

https://mcdreeamiemusings.com/blog/...-really-the-third-most-common-cause-of-death#

"A study published earlier this year (which received much less fanfare it has to be said) explored the impact of error on patient mortality. They studied the impact of all adverse events (medical and otherwise) on mortality rates in the US between 1990 and 2016. They found that the number of deaths in that whole 26 year period due to adverse events was 123,603. That’s 4754 deaths a year. Roughly one hundredth the figure banded around following Makary and Daniel (2016). Based on 2,813,503 total deaths in the US every year that makes adverse events responsible for 0.17% of deaths in the US. Not a third. 0.17%."
There you go, citing facts again. Don't you know that isn't allowed here. And actually linking to the data - that's disgraceful.

Reported