GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I’ve put an ammo can into a low earth orbit with a Hoffman Device and some JP8.... this makes me wonder what that combo would do to a snowman.
Jp8 can definitely go boom. Seen it on a three phase Patriot missile launcher generator. Luckily there were no missiles on it

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Jp8 can definitely go boom. Seen it on a three phase Patriot missile launcher generator. Luckily there were no missiles on it

Enough heat and pressure and it’s a big ole fireball.

We first did the Hoffman in the .50cal can and about half filled with JP8, and closed/latched the lid. Clacked off the detonator and there was smoke left when we looked, no can anywhere. We all started to giggle when a solid 5 seconds later the torn up can came back to earth in an uneventful clang. Laughs ensued.

We grabbed a scepter can where we got the JP8 from and touched it off... 30’ fireball and black smoke. Spent about 20min stamping out the residual fires. The plastic fuel can was torn to little bitty melted bits all over the place. 😂

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Enough heat and pressure and it’s a big ole fireball.

We first did the Hoffman in the .50cal can and about half filled with JP8, and closed/latched the lid. Clacked off the detonator and there was smoke left when we looked, no can anywhere. We all started to giggle when a solid 5 seconds later the torn up can came back to earth in an uneventful clang. Laughs ensued.

We grabbed a scepter can where we got the JP8 from and touched it off... 30’ fireball and black smoke. Spent about 20min stamping out the residual fires. The plastic fuel can was torn to little bitty melted bits all over the place. 😂
Sounds fun!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
But u asked him a question. Then he answered. And u said “and?”

the hell....
Incorrect
Programming of the mechanics? WTH are you on about? There is no programming for lubrication, there is an oil pump.
If I say I hate 0w20, does that mean Keehs will like it to defy me?
What?! How does a software update replace in time readings from sensors?!
They have variable output pumps now controlled by the ecu. They also used to have this on power steering pumps before electric racks pretty much became the norm. Mostly for the sake of fuel economy

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Incorrect

They have variable output pumps now controlled by the ecu. They also used to have this on power steering pumps before electric racks pretty much became the norm. Mostly for the sake of fuel economy
Do the variable pumps not take sensor data into account? They just blindly do as the software demands?!

I find that hard to believe. Not saying you’re wrong. But if you’re right, that’s a really stupid ass way of doing things and if you can prove you’re right I’m just gonna trade my car in and fuck it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Wasn't the switch to 0W20 for fuel economy?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Since we're on the subject of 0w20. So my dad sends me a text that he put 0w20 into his Jetta wagon with the 5 cyl 2.5L engine. It usually runs 0w40. Will the engine assplode?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Rush Limbaugh was a fucking piece of shit. I’m sure the far right will miss him dearly.
ftfy
I have family in Texas without power.
but do they have ducks?
What?! How does a software update replace in time readings from sensors?!
not necessarily replace but change the way the inputs are used. And German Engineering: lets make things better even if they become real complicated
Incorrect

also think of cam adjusting/timing. If I was tracking I would go with the thicker oil but would really pay attention to see how it works on the street first to see if stalling happens (doubtful but...)

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Do the variable pumps not take sensor data into account? They just blindly do as the software demands?!

I find that hard to believe. Not saying you’re wrong. But if you’re right, that’s a really stupid ass way of doing things and if you can prove you’re right I’m just gonna trade my car in and fuck it.
I don't know what sensors our car uses, so when I give this explanation, know that it's a guess based on my engineering background.

A lot of fluid systems will use pressure as a proxy for flow, especially if there is a fixed system or orifice downstream of the pressure sensor. This works fine as long as you know the viscosity of the fluid. If you increase the oil weight, you will see lower flow at the same pressure, potentially reducing the cooling and lubrication to vital parts of the engine. If there really is a variable output pump, I wouldn't go swapping oil weights from what they recommend.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI