GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... May 2024 Colder Than May 1987 - Climate Change Is A Hoax

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The black man that shot up the subway in NY has been ranting about whites on youtube for years, and I support his constitutional right to do so.
People that have spoken out about masks and vaccines have been silenced in hours or even minutes. I am against all forms of censorship.
If someone says they want to lynch blacks at Howard, I would assume the people there would give him the beating of a lifetime. Let the people regulate themselves, this is no different from day to day interactions we all have.
Yet the guy shot up a train full of asians. Smh.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I think he does. But I'm curious, if you had billions and owned an electric car company, a media company, and a space company, what would you do differently?
I would not own billions because I'm opposed to paying people only a fraction of what they produce with their labor so i can make those billions. 🤷

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Musk made a tender offer to the shareholders at 38% over market value. The board got out of the way and allowed the sale to proceed. The board is not going to (at least today) petition the SEC to stop it. If the SEC allows the sale, Musk will own the company thus will have taken it private. With no shareholders to answer to, he can do whatever he wants with it.

What he does from there we've only heard bits and pieces from him. He wants to make a number of enhancements like the edit button and the delete button, but he definitely wants to put the algorithms into the public domain via an open source agreement. This will expose all of the BS that has been going on, and the main reason TWTR employees are furious about the sale.
I don’t like the edit button honestly. Old tweets make for great comedy

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
True. However there is a hint of truth in her underlying argument (not her rant or proposed solutions). I'm not comfortable when one person owns something as influential as TWTR. Bezos comes immediately to mind.
However, a board of shareholders that share the same views is no better. We should jyst go back to shouting our thoughts from our porches.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
This is Twitter in a nutshell. Zuby is brilliant, and these days what's real is just as outrageous as parody.

View attachment 247199
Why not? We trust Bill Gates with our food and medical decisions and he has the same medical degree as all of us in here

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Why is nobody shrieking about Bezos buying Wapo? Or Zuckerberg buying IG and Whatsapp and basically the entire VR media realm
They are part of her piece of the club, so not a threat to her.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
The threat would have to be pretty specific in order for someone to get arrested over that. "blacks should be lynched" wouldn't warrant a response. Whereas "I'm going to lynch blacks at Howard University" would. But yes free speech protects everything that's not a crime obviously.
He’s correct. This is what separates us from authoritarianism even though it’s ugly. In parts of the UK you can get arrested for having a dinner discussion about a less egregious topic/stance, in Germany just for having an opinion. Open speech also allows for counter narratives to ignorance, rather than letting it steep in cryptic echo chambers. It also allows for corporation endorsed opinions to be countered with discussion as well.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I don’t like the edit button honestly. Old tweets make for great comedy
Maybe a 2 minute edit window where you can fix typos.